Secret Santa 2013

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
morethanworts said:
Got a couple of tubes wrapped up here, ready to go tomorrow. Look like some sort of dodgy uranium fuel rods [and are probably only slightly less poisonous. :lol:] Hoping not to create too much of a stir at the village Post Office. Doesn't take much in these parts. :roll:

Ha! Good luck! I took a normal rectangle box today and felt like I was being interrogated!

"What kind of fluid sir?"

Me: "beer"

"Ok is it over 70% abv?"

Me: "Erm.... No??"

Yay! I got a pressie in the post!! :D

And :hat: to my secret santa #1, I'm very impressed!

I will be wrapping at the weekend and posting next week, better hope you've all been good boys and girls! :lol:

(Oh and that applies to the people I've promised beers to over the past few months and haven't got round to as well!)

yputu5az.jpg
this turned up for me this morning :grin: I'll be posting mine out this weekend

X5 arrived the day before yesterday.

Thoroughly looking forward to the very ominous sounding 'False Widow'

Posted mine out yesterday Morning

Eagle X12 has landed! Safe and sound but a bit shaken up. Looking forward to the pint!

Bottle BG3 has arrived safe and sound and very impressive it looks too...

Can't wait till Xmas!

Thanks Santa.

X7 "Between the Sheets" Ale arrived safe and sound this morning.
Tucked away safely in the cellar for Christmas! :thumb:

Also posted my 2 today although they won't leave the post office until Monday.

X5 - The Usual Suspect has arrived :) Looking forward to this, cheers Santa

photo.jpg

Finally got my 2 posted today after a barrage of questions at the po.
Was anyone else told to put their own details on the package? So much for 'secret' :shock: Obviously I didn't put my forum name on so should still be anonymous :D

StevieDS said:
Finally got my 2 posted today after a barrage of questions at the po.
Was anyone else told to put their own details on the package? So much for 'secret' :shock: Obviously I didn't put my forum name on so should still be anonymous :D
No. You could decline their request.

To be honest, there is a limit to how 'secret' this can be. But it's worth mentioning that not everybody is in pairs (at least on some of the swaps I arranged), so seeing feedback from member X (when the time comes!) doesn't necessarily mean yours will have come from them. Where there was an odd number within an obvious group (Belgians, Stouts or whatever...) then it had to be made 'circular', to avoid the last one being left on their own :cry:

Some folk will be pretty much identified by their forum name on the feedback vs postal details. Also, if anyone goes fishing around Brew Day threads, or opens any extra little letter included early, then we can't stop them and it's their choice! Like in the Summerswap, it's up to the sender to 'claim' the bottle after feedback has been left for it, if they want. I won't be identifying anybody in my posts unless they've done so themselves.

I doubt it will make any difference whatsoever to what feedback is left. It's just for fun :grin: and I'm sure we'll all be pretty positive in our comments. :cheers:

Good to here that the "parcels" are starting to reach their destinations.
#itsbeginningtofeelalotlikechristmas #secretsanta

KC :thumb:

Bottle posted on Saturday along with my entry for the wine swap. Looking forward to sampling a tasty xmas treat! :drink:

Latest posts

Back