sleep!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzy

Reaction score
why is it.. everyday i say the same thing 'I will go to bed early tonight' and everyday it never happens..

If it werent for ebay, facebook or this site, I may actually achieve an early one...

nah

THBF and ebay are the curse of the devil along with JBK

my evenings are spent promising myself an early night and then as you say never happens

if people stopped posting interesting builds, tempting recipes i might actually achieve it one day :P :P

mozzy said:
why is it.. everyday i say the same thing 'I will go to bed early tonight' and everyday it never happens..

Same here mate. I always say it in the morning when i'm tired but when it comes around to night time i always think i'll just have one more beer or another go on the computer then before i know it it's midnight :shock:

I try and make it a rule to go to bed on teh same day I got up . . . I don't achieve it often though . . . but sleep is for wimps :D

I'm suffering lack of sleep too......although my issues are not computer related.
An 18 week old son and a total change of dog walking routine is doing for me......I'm up at 0545 every day now to walk my mutts and sleep is a little disturbed with young Isaac.

I keep saying to myself I'm going to get an early one tonight and then before you know it, you look up at the clock and it's almost midnight. I need someone to invent 30 hour days :)

I have severe sleep apnea - so sleep's a bonus if i manage it. Sleeping tabs dont work, but the best nights kip i get is when smashed! :cheers:

screamlead said:
I have severe sleep apnea - so sleep's a bonus if i manage it. Sleeping tabs dont work, but the best nights kip i get is when smashed! :cheers:

I had that, the docs did an op. and zapped a bit off my uvula, the dangly bit at the back of your throat. Now sleep a lot better.

I could build you a 30 hour clock but it might be no help, the maths would be interesting though, Dave
I need someone to invent 30 hour days :)[/quote]

I have no problem sleeping, I'm gone as soon as my head hits the pillow (assuming I actually get as far as the bedroom) and will then sleep for more or less exactly 7 hours.

I think I must have nodded off in the first commercial break of X-Factor last night, so I've been up for an hour already :oops:

Alcohol is frequently a factor, I remember I cooked dinner last night, and as the saying goes, I always cook with wine and sometimes I even put it in the food. So I had a couple of glasses while I was cooking, and then another with the meal, then there was some mention on some programme about scones and whether you should put the jam on before the cream (Cornwall) or the cream on before the jam (Devon). This inspired Mrs. Mole to go and cook scones. I know she did because I've just done the washing up, but I must have been asleep before they came out of the oven. If there are any left that will be my breakfast sorted.

dennisking said:
screamlead said:

I had that, the docs did an op. and zapped a bit off my uvula, the dangly bit at the back of your throat. Now sleep a lot better.

Yeah i heard that worked but mines a bit more serious than that. I destroyed my windpipe in two places playing trumpet and had it repaired but its now weak and also the soft palate collapses too blocking the airway. Had alsorts of tests done and a nose op to cure a bend but still stop breathing for over 3.5 mins a go then get a jolt to wake up. I also have a CPAP but never managed to get to sleep with it.
My consultant offered to put scaffolding mesh in my windpipe too :shock: and laser the soft palate and take out my tonsils too :shock:

Yours - permanently Knackered! -lol

Sleep is a real problem in my house. No matter how early I go to bed or how much I drink I'm always up early! :(

I looked into it and turns out the problem I have is called kids!! :lol:

I find it difficult to switch off and will lay awake for ages... unless a fair bit of alcohol has been consumed and then I’m out straight away :drunk: :lol:

I don't think I've ever done it standing up, but I have certainly fallen asleep in pubs. I've been told that I have even nodded off in mid sentence then snapped awake a few minutes later and carried on talking from where I'd left off, as if nothing had happened. :oops:

doghouse gav said:
I looked into it and turns out the problem I have is called kids!! :lol:

So very, very true.

Why is it that kids always want to stay in bed during the school week, but come the weekend when we want a lay in, they are up at seven :evil: .

What a surprise, baby brat (5) up at six thirty because she had a nightmare. She said it was a funny one :wha: " but had a tear next to each eye ".

Now its time to watch all the **** that she has recorded and watched a thousand times. Yee haa, the joys of parenthood !!.

Best thing you can teach the kids is how to work the tv remote, then they sort themselves out while you have a bit longer in bed.

Back