Staycation.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PERTINENT! Used about three times in a single breath....
Ducks in a row...kaboom... that's sorted them!
Liase..if that's how it's spelt....I'll liase with you later....arghhhh! Get ******!
Some knob trying to be clever and described a roll of stuff we made to the manager as "reticulated",this was met by much head nodding and smug looks...until I asked what reticulated was...
I wonder if they have the "bullshitting for beginners" book....

Apart from know-nothing managers who urge people to "Think outside the box!", the phrase always reminds me of my cousin John, who rode his motorbike round a steep bend and straight into a huge cardboard box that had fallen into the roadway.

Virtually held together with surgical tape and stitches he still managed a smile as he told me how lucky he felt that "At least the piano wasn't still inside it!" :laugh8:

BTW

When I was working, my favourite hate phrase was some senior bloke telling a client "It's not impossible, we can do that."

Whatever "that" was it meant hours more work for me and the lads whilst he sat in his office re-calculating the "Change Order" that would increase the price to the Client by another few thousand pounds.

One Client told me "I reckon you've saved us thousands. If I see you shaking your head at Meetings when everyone else is nodding I have another look at what's being proposed; and usually change it."

At the time I was working for a Management Consultancy who were measuring their input to this particular Client in "A4 feet." i.e. When stacked one page on top of another how many feet of A4 paper did it take to print out the company's original "product"!

Happy Days - when I left! :thumb:

This thread is showing good collaboration but it’s gettung stuck in the weeds. Keep it above the treetops with a 30,000 foot view

Another thing that winds me up is the use of the word "personally" you hear it on the radio all the time "I personally think" bla bla bla why add the word whats up with "I think" bla bla bla?

What about kaizen,5s and the rest of the permutations?
This does my head in! In principle it may work on a line where you repeat the same action without deviation. When most of the stuff you do is different each time this is a complete merry go round of nonsense that doesn't work because "you haven't given it a go and are negative"..coming from a twit who has just read about it to someone who has first tried it twenty odd years ago and five times since...and it was still rubbish!

Glad to see we're all singing from the same hymn sheet. (On a level playing field).

It used to be known as buffelling (sp?)

Anyway, I'll touch base with you guys later....

The buzzword that most annoys me is 'weaponize(d)', everything seems to be weaponized nowadays. Im just waiting to read someone writing how peace has been weaponized :rolleyes:

Let's coolbox this thread for now please

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The thing with the word staycation, what does it mean. A vacation where you stay somewhere (like most holidays, unless if you go home the same day it's a day out??!)

Or does it mean having a holiday at home, stay in your PJ's all day and not go anywhere at all. But then that's a Duvet Day!

The one that winds me up is when politicians and the like are being interviewed, asked a question, and they reply 'Well, as you know Fred, blaa blaa blaa' . No, Fred doesn't know, that's why he asked you the bloomin question!!!!!! Oh, and starting their answer with 'So'. Grrrrrrr.......

The one that winds me up is when politicians

On the subject of politicians i hate it when they say "we have been working very hard" bla bla bla, they wouldn't know a hard days work is if it bit them on the ****. aheadbutt

On the subject of politicians i hate it when they say "we have been working very hard" bla bla bla, they wouldn't know a hard days work is if it bit them on the ****. aheadbutt

You mean like the ones that work "so hard" that they forget their wife is actually Chinese and not Japanese?:laugh8:

Haha I recognise so much of this thread and hear much of it daily.

A new one that has made it into the hymn sheer recently is "interlocutor", a word I was never even aware of in my 52 years on this planet until the last year. Anyone else come across it?

The best use of the word interlocutor I have ever heard is a wonderful line in Yes Minister when Sir Humphrey has to confess to making a mistake, and he says something along he lines of

‘The identity of the official whose alleged responsibility for this hypothetical oversight has been the subject of recent discussion is not shrouded in quite such impenetrable obscurity as certain previous disclosures may have led you to assume, but not to put too fine a point on it, the individual in question is, it may surprise you to learn, one whom your present interlocutor is in the habit of defining by means of the perpendicular pronoun’

Minister: ‘I beg your pardon?’

Humphrey: ‘it was.....I’

Latest posts

Back