Storm Arwen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
At 0350 this morning we lost power after a storm battered night, the house has been freezing and we were all but snowed in. Managed to get to Bakewell for breakfast in a cafe and a bit of shopping for SWMBO in Hathersage. Return back home and power still out, I begin to worry about my brew with Ringwood yeast pitched on Thursday.
Then into Buxton battling with snow drifts to check out some kitchen units and just keep warm really, then back home, still no power so sit in the car for a couple of hours with the heater running, then to find a pub, first one closed, second one open, two pints of delicious Blonde Bear later and the power is back on after 12 hours or more, heating on full blast but the house is still cold, thanks to Western Power Distribution for getting it fixed, we faced a fairly miserable evening otherwise.

261439806_10225563702786805_953987924509460121_n.jpg

Only one thing for it, Galena- if it happens again, you're going to have to strip off and hug your fermenter just as you would a hypothermiac dragged out of one of those snowdrifts. Desperate times require desperate measures. ashock1

Only one thing for it, Galena- if it happens again, you're going to have to strip off and hug your fermenter just as you would a hypothermiac dragged out of one of those snowdrifts. Desperate times require desperate measures. ashock1
OMG the very thought of it! But hey! in times of crisis, me and my Ringwood in a cosy down sleeping bag :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back