Strange facts.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finnish is the only language that is pronounced totally phonetically. It is also one of the few languages (along with Japanese) that has no swear words.

News Today - The Queen’s income is expected to leap by at least £100m a year as a result of the "fact" that she owns the sea beds around the UK and companies have bid for the right to build wind farms on them

I wonder why it is that energy costs are rising and how it is she "owns" the sea beds?

I'm sure I read a fact once that you could fit the entire human population of the world standing shoulder to shoulder on the Isle of Wight

There would be plenty of social distance space if everyone else is there. I'll stay where I am and you where you are and we will be fine😁

Last edited:
This is one of my favourite facts: the word "helicopter" is made from two separate words, but not "heli" and "copter" as you might expect. It comes from the combination of "helico" meaning spiral (as in helical) and "pter" from Greek meaning wing (as in pterosaur).

I like a good paradox and Hilbert's hotel is infernity paradoxical.

Strange Fact (but true)

When you are physical with your wife or girlfriend......

She actually thinking about me.

As a truck driver I often wondered about this (teehee, not). But I always found this a strange fact.

I don't know why anyone would want to do this but ... If you sit a parrot on a perch in the middle of an artic trailer (semi for our colonists athumb..), put the trailer on a weighbridge, and weigh the trailer with the bird on the perch, then weigh it as the bird flies round inside the trailer; the weight of the trailer goes up and down as the bird flaps its wings.

Why this should be a strange fact I've no idea. Why anyone would want to have a perch in a trailer I've no idea (none of my trailers ever had perches in them!) and why you would want to transport a parrot around the country (un-caged). And furthermore why any university would want to spend perfectly good money on researching the weight of parrots in artic trailers, I still have no idea. But apparently it's true. They even devised a special cage to imitate the artic trailer! This is worse than Walt with the Toe-Back-Oh.
Im not ready to discuss gravitational coefficients today. Ask Her Majesty's Royal Navy or a free Marine Engineer about load dynamics before you drive.

Latest posts

Back