THBF Secret Santa Bottle Swap 2012! Closed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
regular secret santa is sorted now.

mini organizational fail secret santa is going out tonight, glad we could all still be involved. if anyone else is missing now, i can only apologize!

beer :cheers:

That postage is a shocker.... :shock: :shock:

Wish i'd filled a few a miniature spirit bottles when bottling!! :tongue:

BB

Silly question, but how are people posting the bottles off without them getting smashed?

Cardboard and bubblewrap!!

If you have any of those cardboard tubes that big prints come in, or an old can from a bottle of malt whisky, or just a decent strong cardboard box with plenty of bubble wrap padding.

graysalchemy and I have swapped a few bottles recently - they've all been just fine! (in fact, I'm just off to open one of them in a mo!)

I actually use large bubble wrap and a cardboard box as I didn't have a tube. The core from a role of carpet is quite good as wel,l just make sure if you are using a tube to wrap the bottle a little bit in bubble wrap then jam it in a tube with plenty of packing top and bottom.

Whisky box is pretty good. word of warning, the post-office wouldn't let me send it until I wrapped the whole thing in a thick plastic bag and taped it all up. Something to do with it leaking and ruining "thousands" of pieces of mail :sulk:

cwiseman77 said:
Whisky box is pretty good. word of warning, the post-office wouldn't let me send it until I wrapped the whole thing in a thick plastic bag and taped it all up. Something to do with it leaking and ruining "thousands" of pieces of mail :sulk:

What? You mean when THEY play football with it and break it?

calumscott said:
cwiseman77 said:

What? You mean when THEY play football with it and break it?

Maybe if they get a bunch skittles?

if you're sending it not registered/recorded etc, then the shape might give away the contents, and it might get purloined on the way... one way round that is to mark it 'fragile', and 'urinary specimen' - or something similar, the postie won't want that kind of thing spilled, and won't knick it.

fbsf said:
Sniff, Sniff... still no PM.

Have I been a naughty boy this year Santa? :(

dont worry mate I'm still waiting aswell! there was a mess up with the pm's so we're probably going to be part of a mini bottle swap!

You can judge by the hour that I am suitably refreshed.

But what should I send ??

Beer, wine , or cider ??

RD

I'd say beer. I'd say there won't be many folk on here who won't drink beer...maybe a few who wouldn't drink wine or cider :oops: :oops:

organized and pm's out later today. apologies. i have been both working hard and out getting drunk so i am very hungover :cheers:

Latest posts

Back