The beer, wine and cider snack thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look the bee's mate 🤤
Boil the wings in salted water for 7 minutes, drain, squeeze and pat dry. Then bake for 25 minutes (skin side down), flip, and bake another 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin, all at 230C (450F). Brush with sauce of your choice.
The boil gets rid of excess fat, and makes the skin crisp up better.
Junk food taste, roast chicken healthy!

Made Nadia's chicken shawarma recipe this week. I love chicken and this would do me fine on its own, bread, chips ,flatbreads or omlette + beer
View attachment 39417View attachment 39418View attachment 39419View attachment 39420
Got me a dozen thigh fillets today, already had the spices bar the dry coriander, slipped the fillets in the freezer and I have some Broccoli almost ready to harvest. Soon as that is ready, the fillets will be in the large bread pan, which I don't use for bread, I use the smaller ones.
I paid $11 per Kilo for the fillets, next time I will get the chicken Maryland, skin and bone it myself. $4 per kilo.

Boil the wings in salted water for 7 minutes, drain, squeeze and pat dry. Then bake for 25 minutes (skin side down), flip, and bake another 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin, all at 230C (450F). Brush with sauce of your choice.
I'll deffo give it a try dude, I'm a hot sauce addict too

At £1 a pack it’s rude not to try this one.

image.jpg

I just buy stuff lol

Snyders Jalepeno Pretzels
Dry roasted peanuts
Salted pretzels (not those god awful sour cream and chive ones)
Ready salted squares
Ready salted Walkers crisps
Salt and vinegar Discos
Cofresh Balti Mix (anything else by them basically misses the mark lol)
Doritos Chilli heatwave
Walkers Max Paprika

And sometimes, just sometimes on those weird days, there might be a twiglet

Those reconstituted dried potato powder snacks sound delicious...

I had a dog called Twiglet. She had skinny knobbly little legs, hence the name. Can’t eat them now out of respect for the passed.

I was the same when we had a rabbit. Didn't eat rabbit at all then, I was worried he might smell his dead kin on me and shun me.

Course now I'm nearly pescatarian anyway, so he'd probably like me more. If he was alive.

Actually, I also quite like wasabi peanuts.

Bacon wheat crunchies are a recent rediscovery in our house. I'm gonna have to try those wings, too. I usually suffer the 'god I shouldn't have troughed all them' guilt when I do mine. This is like a get out of jail free card! Awesome.

Just on with these, only could get chicken legs though, wanted to use wings

I just did these too. I roasted with garlic powder, smoked paprika, chicken seasoning and dried oregano.

Turned out brilliantly! No pics sadly...I skipped lunch so sunk straight in.

Will definitely do these again! Thanks for the tip đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back