The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this. If only all medical teams where this upfront.

Stay safe. Keep brewing

Talking of to do lists, I was in wilkos earlier people must be getting ready for long days at home, the elderly end were buying fence paint and I am not talking a couple of tins by the dozen

IMG_20200317_133224.jpg
at least these chaps are happy...my little pond is a mass of frogs ..I can hear the croaking from inside

I've got a load of paint in,if I get laid off I'll do the decorating...

Thanks for that! Yet another excuse I can use to brew or sit drinking beer! athumb..

"What a crying shame! Damned government, stopping us going out even to buy paint! If only I had the paint I could do a load of decorating." ...

... this will be rapidly followed by ...

"Of course you're not allowed out! It would be selfish of me to expect you to go to the shops on my behalf."

Sorry @Clint but I think you've dropped the ball there! aheadbutt

I bought the paint weeks ago...but being me it's a case of "yes dear I'll do the painting.." but I never say when.
I truly dislike painting...

I suspect for a lot of people cabin fever will set I. With all the pubs closing, and the basic recommendations to do nothing and avoid all but essential travel, in a few weeks even fence painting will look appealing.

That's like self harming buying paint for when you're off work, the women will have a field day if this gets out!!

Just put some red food colouring in water, it will do same job unless its oil based. clapa

Latest News -

Coronavirus: All non-urgent operations in England postponed

All non-urgent operations in England will be postponed from 15 April to free up 30,000 beds to help tackle coronavirus, NHS England has said.

The emergency policy will be in place for at least three months.

Meanwhile, the government's chief scientific adviser said it would be a "good outcome" if 20,000 or fewer people died of the virus in the UK.

NHS England chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said postponing routine surgery would help to expand critical care capacity to the maximum.

Scottish Health Secretary Jeane Freeman said emergency measures the NHS in Scotland would put in place included doubling the number of intensive care beds and suspending non-urgent operations.

The NHS plans come after the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advised British nationals to avoid all non-essential foreign travel.

The restrictions will be in place for 30 days initially but could be extended, the Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab told the House of Commons.

Read full article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51933410

I zig zagged my way (to stay away from people) to three different shops today, just to buy bread, milk, eggs and tea. Payed by card. no contact.
I still had people queuing less than a foot from me, people coughing unprotected all around me, it was madness. Hairdressers open, Wetherspoons as I passed looked absolutely no different than normal. Saw people shaking hands, people chatting as usual.
Joe public needs to be told what to do, ordered what to do, not guidelines, as a lot will ignore as a sign of bravado or through ignorance.
The washing hands thing is a joke when I walked passed at least 8 people today who don't look like they wash their own a-hole.
I hope I'm wrong, but this is gonna smash Britain.

Last edited:
I think we will be lucky if only 100k dies. I think there might be more.

I think (hope) as the lock-down comes in we will see the cases slow, China +21 new cases today compared to our +407 we can but keep our fingers crossed.

cccc.jpg

I zig zagged my way (to stay away from people) to three different shops today, just to buy bread, milk, eggs and tea. Payed by card. no contact.
I still had people queuing less than a foot from me, people coughing unprotected all around me, it was madness. Hairdressers open, Wetherspoons as I passed looked absolutely no different than normal. Saw people shaking hands, people chatting as usual.
Joe public needs to be told what to do, ordered what to do, not guidelines, as a lot will ignore as a sign of bravado or through ignorance.
The washing hands thing is a joke when I walked passed at least 8 people today who don't look they wash their own a-hole.
I hope I'm wrong, but this is gonna smash Britain.

You dont have guidelings for crimes do you, you have enforceable laws to make sure people obey otherwise people would see 'crime guidelines' as optional. The same for these 'social distancing' guidlines. These need to be made enforceable Both ASDA and Peckham was heaving today as usual. Everyone is ignoring these guidelines

Back