The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a plus note, I've a shed full of home brew, a dart board, a nice music collection and a billion books.
Bring on the enforced quarantine I say, lets help the NHS save OAP lives.

Yes Myqul
Brits will never follow guidelines to a big enough level for it to matter.

Joe public needs to be told what to do, ordered what to do, not guidelines, as a lot will ignore as a sign of bravado or through ignorance.

Decent people think of others in situations like this the scum think of themselves hence the empty shelves at the supermarkets, i blame supermarkets for letting them get away with it and not putting limits in place when it was obvious they were panic buying essential items.

On a plus note, I've a shed full of home brew, a dart board, a nice music collection and a billion books.
Bring on the enforced quarantine I say, lets help the NHS save OAP lives.

Glad to see you can look on the bright side and perhaps I will finally get through my to read list (though I think I will avoid the diaries of Samual Pepys)

Well said Chippy, well said. I reckon we'd get on like a house on fire.
Incidentally Chip, Barrow Furness hospital has now stopped visitation rights.
Couple cases confirmed from BAE, so that will mean x100 minimum to come

obscure, i've read so much guff in my life i just try to forget so-called 'must-reads' LOL

Mortgage holidays but no mention of rent and council tax, gas and electricity. Self employed. I've lost work and the subcontracting work offered was in a hospital that was cancelled today so 2 days work this week. Just hope things level out soon enough.

I understand Nige, but at the moment in Lombardy, Italy, bodies are being shoved into churches as morgues can't cope.
Lombardy is an affluent, medically better area than Britain.
If I'm skint and it saves someones life, then mission accomplished.

Mortgage holidays but no mention of rent and council tax, gas and electricity.

They can only do so much at a time the costings just announced (see the business thread) and the loan process etc must have taken ages to wade through do people expect an immediate answer for every problem this virus has created and will carry on creating.

You too Chippy, I'm busy turning my little back yard into a spring time pub.
The missus can be the 'door person' no-one else is getting in LOL
She's cheaper to feed than a rottie but harder to train :laugh8:

I'm aware I'm at the smallest scale of things however I don't need millions bolstering an airline business, its food, rent, gas and electricity I'm thinking about. Yes lives always come first but we all need to be able to live to help others.

I'm aware I'm at the smallest scale of things however I don't need millions bolstering an airline business, its food, rent, gas and electricity I'm thinking about.

So what about the airlines employees they are also out of work some have just been put on 8 weeks unpaid leave they also need to pay for food, rent, gas and electricity (and i bet 8 weeks is only the start)

i agree nige.
i agree.
its gonna be tough for the majority of us.
not just tough, but horrendous, we have to accept that.
our life's have now changed, forever.

So what about the airlines employees they are also out of work some have just been put on 8 weeks unpaid leave and i bet thats only the start.
I was referring to the companies. My £192 with £0 savings won't do much next week but yes I'm sure there is worse off, just worried like most.

I was referring to the companies. My £192 with £0 savings won't do much next week but yes I'm sure there is worse off, just worried like most.

I may be being naive but wont the money trickle through to the employees (even if its only a percent of their wages) if they know the business is not going to go to the wall.

This is why I was banging on about shutting the schools ASAP and following other countries leads, this is going to be bad, really bad.
Everything is about to shut down, I bought another freezer and don’t give a s**t what people think about it, it’s not panic buying it’s being sensible.
Oh and I could only get it cause I picked it up, PC world/Currys have since stopped allowing this and delivery only and are out of stock of all chest freezers
Crazy times
On a side note all I have to brew is a Young’s American IPA and 20 bottles of possibly infected pale ale to drink asad1

I may be being naive but wont the money trickle through to the employees (even if its only a percent of their wages) if they know the business is not going to go to the wall.
Well it should do but I bet they will be the last thing the airline companies think about. Hope not for their sake.

This is why I was banging on about shutting the schools ASAP and following other countries leads, this is going to be bad, really bad.
Everything is about to shut down, I bought another freezer and don’t give a s**t what people think about it, it’s not panic buying it’s being sensible.
Oh and I could only get it cause I picked it up, PC world/Currys have since stopped allowing this and delivery only and are out of stock of all chest freezers
Crazy times
On a side note all I have to brew is a Young’s American IPA and 20 bottles of possibly infected pale ale to drink asad1
Like I said there is always worse off, IMG-20200317-WA0001.jpg

Dear Cippy,

Thanks for being the voice of reason and trying to calm some of the more hysterical posters. This forum is brilliant for being informative and tolerant.

Latest posts

Back