The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone else who's particularly stir crazy because of not being able to get to the gym, Arnie has posted an equipment-free home workout program HERE. Love him or hate him, there's no doubt the guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to training, and although it's not exactly a perfect sub for barbell training it's much better than sitting on your ass.
I've just ordered the back catalogue of Mr Motivator from Amazon.

Very quite were we are, just seen pictures of underground wtf is going on someone needs to flick the switch just turn the power off, i am keeping busy just pb'd a pale ale and a bitter and bonus found a wilko velvet stout in the man cave i have dme and musgovado suger and loads of kit yeast, tomorrow i am doing all grain, stay safe folks

Very quite were we are, just seen pictures of underground wtf is going on someone needs to flick the switch just turn the power off, i am keeping busy just pb'd a pale ale and a bitter and bonus found a wilko velvet stout in the man cave i have dme and musgovado suger and loads of kit yeast, tomorrow i am doing all grain, stay safe folks
I think the problem is that the number of services has been reduced so everyone's piling onto the few that are still running. Not a good idea. Either flick the switch, as you say, or have a full service three-quarters empty.

There is some hope for self employed. Attached is the latest coronavirus bill discussed yesterday. I hope this will be announced this evening.
cv.jpg

Attachments

• coronavirus_daily_cwh_0323.pdf
    412.3 KB · Views: 66
I have been working from home for the past week and I got to say its frustrating as hell but needs to be done. I think a lockdown is needed more than likley. Although I have to say though my boys do get a little stir crazy and my gf was here at the weekend we took an isolated 40minute walk through the woods.. stayed well away from anyone else, not that we saw anyone really. People will scream and shout at me but I believe this was all done not near anyone and i think a bit of fresh air is still good for everyones wellbeing as long as you are in isolation.

I agree people need to be far less stupid and much more responsible and take distancing very seriously..
Fresh air and exercise is MOST important.🤼‍♂️🤸‍♀️

What will it take to stop these selfish people spreading this virus?

Coronavirus: Sadiq Khan warns 'stop Tube travel or more will die'

Commuters at Mile End station were packed onto a Central Line train on Tuesday morning
1585058335911.png

London Underground commuters have been warned that if they do not stop packing into trains more people will die from coronavirus.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan issued the alert after photos showed crowds in Tube carriages for a second morning running.

Mr Khan insisted the network was running for essential workers only.

A transport union called for police officers to be deployed at major stations to stop overcrowding.

More than 130 people have died in London from Covid-19 - a third of the whole of the UK.

But the trains were still crowded during rush hour despite Boris Johnson putting the UK on lockdown.

Mr Khan demanded employers enable their staff to work from home "unless it's absolutely necessary".

"Ignoring these rules means more lives lost," he warned.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said he spoke to Mr Khan about ensuring there is "enough space to be safe" on London Underground trains for those who must travel, and offered the support of his department.

Nurse Julia Harris, who commutes to work at Imperial College NHS Trust, said she had left earlier and changed her route to avoid crowds but still found services busy.

"Seats on the train all had at least one person so people needed to stand, and the District line was busy as well," she said.

"I still don't think things have improved as a large amount of people are commuting early in the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52017910

Went for a walk this morning, and to do some shopping, everywhere was quiet. On the way back I passed my local pharmacy - sign in the window saying 'we now have hand sanitiser £3.99 a pop, max sale of 2' When this is all over there will need to be 'a reckoning' with the rip off buggers who are trying to capitalize on covid19 ( In fairness to the store it may be the manufactures / suppliers who are the culprits)

People are putting prices up. In the butchers last week and he said chicken prices have gone up but he is swallowing the cost.

What will it take to stop these selfish people spreading this virus?

Coronavirus: Sadiq Khan warns 'stop Tube travel or more will die'

Commuters at Mile End station were packed onto a Central Line train on Tuesday morning
View attachment 23754

London Underground commuters have been warned that if they do not stop packing into trains more people will die from coronavirus.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan issued the alert after photos showed crowds in Tube carriages for a second morning running.

Mr Khan insisted the network was running for essential workers only.

A transport union called for police officers to be deployed at major stations to stop overcrowding.

More than 130 people have died in London from Covid-19 - a third of the whole of the UK.

But the trains were still crowded during rush hour despite Boris Johnson putting the UK on lockdown.

Mr Khan demanded employers enable their staff to work from home "unless it's absolutely necessary".

"Ignoring these rules means more lives lost," he warned.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said he spoke to Mr Khan about ensuring there is "enough space to be safe" on London Underground trains for those who must travel, and offered the support of his department.

Nurse Julia Harris, who commutes to work at Imperial College NHS Trust, said she had left earlier and changed her route to avoid crowds but still found services busy.

"Seats on the train all had at least one person so people needed to stand, and the District line was busy as well," she said.

"I still don't think things have improved as a large amount of people are commuting early in the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52017910

The thing is chippy, most people cant work from home and they've reduced the public transport services. So people are cramming onto less trains. The buses are ok. I need to go on a lot of buses for my job but they're mostly empty, maybe 2-3 people on each one

I thought they had said that the people ignoring the 2 people max within 2 metres or a gathering like on the underground will get a warning followed by a fine/imprisonment from Thursday onwards as it will become law unless the house of lords try to delay it or have I read it wrong

More encouraging news from Italy, deaths and new infections have dropped for the third day in a row. If this isn't just a blip, they could be on top of it and approaching normality in 2 weeks or so. Assuming we are 2 weeks behind Italy, then logic would suggest that we will see things improve in 5 weeks or so. Let's hope so! Hope everyone is well - keep brewing!

The thing is chippy, most people cant work from home and they've reduced the public transport services. So people are cramming onto less trains. The buses are ok. I need to go on a lot of buses for my job but they're mostly empty, maybe 2-3 people on each one

Why would anyone put themselves in that danger i would rather ring in sick and say i had symptoms than risk crowded trains like that, how can they close pubs and shops etc but let this go on?

More encouraging news from Italy, deaths and new infections have dropped for the third day in a row. If this isn't just a blip, they could be on top of it and approaching normality in 2 weeks or so. Assuming we are 2 weeks behind Italy, then logic would suggest that we will see things improve in 5 weeks or so. Let's hope so! Hope everyone is well - keep brewing!

Thanks for the info. thumb

Latest posts

Back