Time for another group brew and bottle swap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Who's up for another forum brew?

Fixed recipe? Some room for adjustments?

What style? I fancy a mild but will have a go at what the majority prefer.

Post your thoughts here and we will get it organised :thumb:

Yes! :grin:

I'm well up for that. How about something a little different? there's plenty of resource out there i.e BJCP style guidelines you can download, and The Brewing Network's Jamil Show has a podcast for almost every style and how to make it.

Irish Red: http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style09.php#1d
Dry Stout: http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style13.php#1a
California Common http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style07.php#1b

TBH, I'm up for brewing anything for this, but I thought it might be good to brew something that not many of us brew.

Sounds like a mighty fine plan to me :D. I was thinking about brewing a mild anyway so I'd be up for that! :thumb:

Sounds a great idea, I'd need to convince myself that a mild was a good idea though. Could we add a poll to this thread about what style we'd like to make?

Mild was only my initial suggestion, happy to go with the majority as mentioned. Lets get some ideas listed first then produce the poll from the ideas otherwise we will set up the pol and some one will say "what about xxxxxxxxx thats not listed" :lol:

As I've never done one before, I like Ceejay's idea of a California Common, hmmm maybe a Steam Beer or an APA... Too many to choose from :D

OK, here are a few more suggestions, I quite like the idea of a theme rather than a style or recipe.

a fruit beer of any base style.
Brown ale (pick a sub type)

paulpj26 said:
As I've never done one before, I like Ceejay's idea of a California Common, hmmm maybe a Steam Beer or an APA... Too many to choose from :D

:oops: Had a niggling in the back of my mind when I wrote this, that California Common and Steam Beer were the same thing :lol: Just googled it whoops! :lol:

Note to self:

when the big stop sign enters your head, check your info :rofl:

abeyptfc said:
is this only for AG brewers? snobs........ :D
No, It is possible to brew a mild with The Design a Brew Range ;)

Brewmaker do a mild as well ;)

And I'm sure the same applies to Geordie and Coopers

Aleman said:
abeyptfc said:
is this only for AG brewers? snobs........ :D
No, It is possible to brew a mild with The Design a Brew Range ;)

Brewmaker do a mild as well ;)

And I'm sure the same applies to Geordie and Coopers

+1

Mild :shock: not many hops in a mild is there.......... :eek: If it wins the poll i`ll brew it though :D

It`s good to brew what you wouldn`t always brew for yourself :cheers: (or we could do a double IPA or a hop bombed APA :lol: )

I'd be up for it, be nice to find out if my beers any good :hmm:
I've never brewed a mild so that could be interesting, or may I suggest a "Summer" beer of some description?

Some good feedback.

We could go the summer ale route now and in 6 month do darker ale?

My 2p

Back