March Brew and Swap - Scottish 80/-

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, yeah you might be right, roasted grains the way to go first. I've enjoyed this swap. Obviously not universally popular but the beer is right up my street.

I'm a fan too, I know brown beers are not in vogue at the moment but I've enjoyed the swap too.

Good job I like it as I have a shelf full (including a 750ml champagne sharing bottle) to get through. :laugh8:

Having warmed up with one of my own, it’s finally time to tuck into the final swap bottle from @pilgrimhudd.

Nicely carbonated, pours with a tight head that lasts most of the pint. Unfortunately, clarity isn’t great and I can’t sit and watch the bubbles. Oh well, better get tasting then.
There’s a nice coffee roast note to the dark caramel aroma. And the flavour follows. Caramel and coffee, becoming more prominent as the pint warms up. Low hop flavour, bitterness is spot on and the finish is nice and dry.
It’s a lovely sessionable beer and I could chug a load of these on a day like today. Cheers mate, I really enjoyed it.

IMG_3073.jpeg

Top swap, I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for joining in guys. I’ll post a round up my thoughts on the style soon, got a BBQ to attend to now.

Latest posts

Back