Vegetarians and Vegans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A serious question...
Do vegans eat mushrooms?
The reason I ask is because we had a clever biologist type chap give a talk in work and he said fungi were as much animal as plant...that is why fungal infections are difficult to treat as you risk poisoning through long term treatment for some conditions.

A serious question...
Do vegans eat mushrooms?
The reason I ask is because we had a clever biologist type chap give a talk in work and he said fungi were as much animal as plant...that is why fungal infections are difficult to treat as you risk poisoning through long term treatment for some conditions.
Then the same would apply to yeast ??

Why have a word to describe eating both meat and veg other than omnivore? It's just trying to sound a bit exclusive...
I wonder if in the future some nutcase violent person may be called a "grannytarian" as whereas they'll beat up anyone they fancy on a whim they only do granny bashing on the second Wednesday in a month...
It at all Clint, because an omnivore eats meat and veg - a flexitarian actively eats non-meat meals as per of their normal routine.
The reason that there is a word for it is because distinct customer profile and is a big target for the meat-free providers.
I’ll just ignore your further ramblings because you either completely missed the point or just don’t care about it.

Is there a word for someone who eats everything, i love seafood beef lamb pork chicken and i adore veggie's with the exception of parsnips like eating perfume, so what would be a good word to discribe me, it has to be a good word a hipster type word so i can fit in with the in crowd and have interesting conversation's about food acheers. :laugh8:

I'm with clint and don't care about it.

If you eat meat and veg, you are an omnivore. I don't care if you have set days of the week you eat a steak or that lobster is on the 3rd Friday of every other month - it's omnivore...

@Rodcx500z you are a flexitarian. You flexibly eat everything.
Although not eating parsnips is a bit weird.

I actively eat non meat meals...as my Mrs and kids don't eat much meat at all but I'm not a flexiwhatisname and neither are they...
Plus I've never seen anything labeled as such on the shops.
If someone doesn't eat meat I got no problem with that but what's more I don't care but you either do or you don't...calling it something made up won't make you anything other than someone who eats meat...but maybe less or maybe organic.
As for my ramblings...I don't take much seriously...were not here long enough..and you're bound to get some in topics full of made up stuff and people drinking beer...
It's like saying we're only drunkards on our days off...

Is there a word for someone who eats everything, i love seafood beef lamb pork chicken and i adore veggie's with the exception of parsnips like eating perfume, so what would be a good word to discribe me, it has to be a good word a hipster type word so i can fit in with the in crowd and have interesting conversation's about food acheers. :laugh8:
Omnivore...I'm just greedy.

I'm with clint and don't care about it.

If you eat meat and veg, you are an omnivore. I don't care if you have set days of the week you eat a steak or that lobster is on the 3rd Friday of every other month - it's omnivore...

@Rodcx500z you are a flexitarian. You flexibly eat everything.
Although not eating parsnips is a bit weird.
I HATE PARSNIPS

I was about to say that someone like you who eats everything was called....... .........NORMAL,

then you had to ruin it all by stating you don't like parsnps.:laugh8:

I was about to say that someone like you who eats everything was called....... .........NORMAL,

then you had to ruin it all by stating you don't like parsnps.:laugh8:
I do i really hate them they are horrible and taste of scent also i don't like ocra and mango, but i do love snails frogs legs winkles, my favourite is(rock salmon or dog fish)

Omnivore - person who's diet includes both meat products and fish, along with vegetables.

Vegetarian - person who's diet is made up of vegetables, along with products that come from animals but can be obtained without killing them to obtain them, such as dairy products

Vegan - person who's diet is made exclusively from products that do not involve the killing of animals, or products provided by those animals.

Flexitarian - Chancer who wants blow jobs from woke vegans and is such a sociopath that they think that they can invent a new word for omnivore and nobody will notice.

Latest posts

Back