Wha am I doing wrong - Mix gas tank and Reg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardskinner1984

Reaction score
Hi,

Would be great if someone can spot the obvious mistake I am making when trying to actually get my brew out of the taps.

Ive got a full pun Mix gas Cellargas 60% Co2 / 40% Nitrogen tank with a mix gas regulator on it.
split off on a Y push fit, one line going to a sankey 88 pint Strongbow keg and the other going to my corny with homebrew strawberry cider.

Both these lines going thorugh my maxi cooler. on about 2 foot of 3/8 line.

problem I have is when I turn the gas on the 'new' regualor zooms up to about 190 lb/in on one dial ( i assume this is the dial showing how much left in tank ) and the other dial stays at zero. This is Cuft/hour so think its a flow meter dial even though was sold to me on ebay as a regualtor.

The reg twist is set to fully anti clockwise as assuming wouuld be pushing thorugh like 1-2 psi. But....

the srongbow keg is coming out pure foam and at a million miles an hour
the corny keg isnt coming out at all.

wanting to set the psi to about 12 but have no idea how to do this with this regulator..

am I doing something wrong and should just change my gas to a Co2 set up ? As im on my thrid regualtor now of trying and all seem to give the same results. i.e massive foam and no way to turn the psi down.

cheers

Latest posts

Back