What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20240301_192613.jpg

Last of the pales tonight, my Hoppy Pale ale of Kent.
Local Challenger bittering, locally picked (by me) hedgerow EKGs, and my few remaining Prima Donnas at flame out. Dank but not unpleasant.
Goes well with tonight's pizza. šŸ»

IMG_20240301_202355.jpg

Turning to the dark side as it's cold enough.
An ancient Rock E Road Star Milk stout by Brew York I had in the garage.
Only 15 month out of date.
BBE 23/11/22.
Absolutely stunning flavours.
The tonka and cacao meld to a beautiful mocha flavour with the vanilla and lactose adding a smooth richness.
This is wonderful.
Mellowed yet fully flavoursome.
But unlike antiques, you can get new ones.
Buy and keep if you can, you won't be disappointed.
Declaration:
No commission payment is received for this endorsement. šŸ˜³

Itā€™s looking great already. No.2 son is making me take us both to the judging again, Iā€™ll make a point of looking out for it šŸ».
I scored 43 last year with my German Pils, don't think it's near that, 1st attempt at the style. I brewed it backwards, made around October time rather than brew March for October drinking. Might go to my 1st HB club next week and take some along, need to check how much is left though

I scored 43 last year with my German Pils, don't think it's near that, 1st attempt at the style. I brewed it backwards, made around October time rather than brew March for October drinking. Might go to my 1st HB club next week and take some along, need to check how much is left though
I was also thinking that a reverse Marzen makes more sense as I donā€™t have a cave suitable for summer conditioning.

My backward MƤrzen landed mention in LAB a couple of years ago. My real memory of that comp was that the Weizenbock that I had brewed an couple of months earlier and wasnā€™t particularly happy with was better (in my humble opinion) than the one that came third in Best In Show!!
Anyway, my point is backward MĆ”rzen has form in LAB events, and on a side note, I need to get another Weizenbock sometime soon šŸ»

So I had a couple of pints of ploughmanā€™s Poet a while back and loved it! Low abv but full of flavour and body. I contacted the brewer to give praise and he was really helpful in supporting me with advise in coming up with a similar recipeā€¦.it come out fantastic!

Iā€™ve attached the recipe as itā€™s fairly unusual for a real ale.
IMG_5315.jpeg

Attachments

• Ploughmanā€™s-Poet---Loch-Leven-Brewery.pdf
    864.6 KB · Views: 0
Fk it, was trying to be good.

Northern Monk - Fudge Sundae Reimagined.

Bit disappointed, there's very little chocolate hazelnut and smells & tastes mostly of strawberry sauce & marshmallows. I will try to enjoy it for what it is.

1000064025.jpg

Last night 6 stubbies of Coopers Pale ale. This was on top of a few beers in the HBS, strong beers. Put the tops back on the stubbies and harvested the yeast this morning.
IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

Tonight a quiet one while cooking a 'snag biryani' Nancy Naylor Landlady I may even just give my Ballantines IPA before retiring.
IMG_0792.JPG

Latest posts

Back