What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon session at Vibrant Forest Brewery. We have a band on too.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
The bar looks really well, I would love something like that
It is good. Whenever we have a BBQ all the men are gathered around the bar and BBQ, and all the women are sat at the gazebo. All the kids are indoors watching telly or more often playing computer games! 😂
Something for everyone!

IMG_6568.jpeg

Steering you away from the music playlist topic onto the Aurora thread.
When I was on night O/C in the mid to late 80's I completely failed to observe the Aurora Borealis when in the pitch black walking from the nurses residence to the hospital rear entrance.
If only I had known to look upwards that night!
I learnt later in the morning it had been the most spectacular one in living memory.
😟
I also missed it and I was even driving home in the dark!

(It’s behind you!)

It was our wedding anniversary Thursday so we were out at a fancy restaurant and last night was homebrew club so I was out again. I’m home today and enjoying a glass of Amber Alert. Interestingly (for me at least) I took my usual Full English bitter and this one to homebrew club and the unanimous verdict was a preference for Amber Alert.
View attachment 99283
I have over the last few days got my raised beds painted, taken down the winter tarps from around the brew shed, and put up the dart board. I think we’re just about ready for summer now. I also cleaned my beer lines yesterday - why you can see a white bucket hanging from the taps.
View attachment 99284
View attachment 99285

The planters look great!

Post gardening cool down. Kicked off with a lovely Coopers Canadian Blonde dry hopped with mosaic and Citra hops and now I’m having a Mangrove Jacks Pink grapefruit IPA 🍺.Happy weekend everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0779.jpeg
    IMG_0779.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
I see you went all out on the balloons 😂 did you only have the puff for 1 each ? 😝
They were just the decorations!
There were a couple of bigger helium shiny type and half a dozen of the pump up type with 1's and stars on for when she arrived for entertainment outside and playing with later inside and with the presents.
It was quite swirly windy and we didn't want to lose balloons nor lightweight gazebo.

Having a few sips in the wonderful sunshine and a few lumps of meat on the bbq. Life’s good. Eldest daughter comes home from oz on Monday as well. Happy days. @samale jump on the bike and head down this way I’ve plenty of outdoor seating lolView attachment 99296
Down in Portsalon, Donegal is beautiful when the weather is good
IMG_20240511_165305061_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240511_165309987_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240511_170356267_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240511_184925.jpg
IMG_20240511_184758.jpg
Offspring generations gone, so:
Now the beer can start to flow.
This was a Christmas present, so thought it would suit the change in the weather.
X-PARROT by Brew York.
Citra and Mosaic allegedly and lashings of pineapple, guava, mango, pink grapefruit and lime juices.

SWMBOd's comment is spot on.
"Doesn't really taste like beer".
Hence hers went into mine.
I won't dump it yet, but not my style all that fruit juice, nor will I buy any myself.
Had to be tried though in the name of experiencing life's rich pageant.
🍻

Latest posts

Back