What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just polished off a Tiny Rebel Cali Ale. I ordered a few different beers from our Sainsburys delivery and that’s the only one that they had in stock. Just the ticket for a warm afternoon now today’s brew is boiling away nicely.

Onto a homebrew Belgian dark strong now. It’s two years old I think and showing some oxidation but the malt flavours are still delicious. It’s ‘only’ 8.5% so I’ll have room for more later!

Onto a homebrew Belgian dark strong now. It’s two years old I think and showing some oxidation but the malt flavours are still delicious. It’s ‘only’ 8.5% so I’ll have room for more later!

I recently had a bottle of a Belgian Dubbel I brewed that was just over a year old and mine wasn’t so good. The Christmas pudding flavour it once had has all but gone and it’s just very alcoholic. It sounds like yours might have fared better but I don’t think I’ll let mine wait so long next time.

I recently had a bottle of a Belgian Dubbel I brewed that was just over a year old and mine wasn’t so good. The Christmas pudding flavour it once had has all but gone and it’s just very alcoholic. It sounds like yours might have fared better but I don’t think I’ll let mine wait so long next time.

It was very malty at the start. I use at least some Munich malt in almost all my beers now and this was the first where I subbed out pale malt for Munich, started the trend.

BD4F4C4C-4ADF-420D-A5B2-912B6327C9CC.jpeg
Little Ox Wipeout 4.2%

A good lowish alcohol pale ale, good flavour, though honestly would probably be better if the weather was another 10 degrees warmer, very much a summer beer.

So far I've just had the bottling dregs from today's bottling of the Pilgrims Hope kit...and a fg check of the Razorback...both need time.

I was sorely tempted to have another beer and leave the clean up from my brew until later. In the end I managed to find the will-power to get the clean up done first (I’ll be thankful for that later) and now settling down with another stout. I really fancy a hot curry, at least Naga or Habanero - times like now I wish I lived near @Clint 🌶🌶🌶

D679D1D0-2255-4B01-835B-0EC58EA93FCA.jpeg

I was sorely tempted to have another beer and leave the clean up from my brew until later. In the end I managed to find the will-power to get the clean up done first (I’ll be thankful for that later) and now settling down with another stout. I really fancy a hot curry, at least Naga or Habanero - times like now I wish I lived near @Clint 🌶🌶🌶

View attachment 25277

New avatar material there!

I know it’s probably a terrible idea to buy a beer based on the art on the can, but I could see myself happily picking up that one on appearance alone.
Definitely 🤣 well I did haha.... The thing is my girlfriend upcycled craft beer cans and turns them in to candles, earning a few quid whilst at uni, so the craziness of the artwork the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back