What are you drinking tonight 2020.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

obscure

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one with the creamy head.,for me.athumb..
Actually the one I opted for (the Little Ox Disco Juice) it’s a bit lower APA than I normally, see with NIPA’s (4.9%) but has that lovely fresh hop taste typical of the style.

obscure

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alas the growler of Disco Juice I purchased was delicious but a tad too popular at home so moved onto a bottle of Butts Blackguard a rather nice Porter.

Drunkula

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm drinking the sugar wash from the "co2 engine" I just used to force carbonate a keg of kolsh made from Fruit n Fibre to perfection in 48 hours. Even writing that sentence makes me think I'm having a fever dream.

Dutto

Dutto
Reaction score
I'm afraid that the rest of the Cardhu 12 years old Single Malt gifted to me by a French mate went south tonight! R.I.P. and all that!

Not to worry, it was drunk with a Sweet Newkie Brown chaser, as an aperitif, before the Haggis and Neeps dinner laid on by SWMBO; and finished off with a Vin Blanc "biologique"! I have to say that the Cardhu tasted so nice that it will be sorely missed!

However, to end a Burns Night, I give you the last verse of "To a Louse". Legend has it that Rabbie Burns wrote it after seeing a louse in a ladies hair when he was sat in church. It's a condemnation of how we preen and pose! Enjoy!

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An’ foolish notion:
What airs in dress an’ gait wad lea’e us,
An’ ev’n devotion!

If anyone needs a translation just ask a Scot.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
I'm drinking the sugar wash from the "co2 engine" I just used to force carbonate a keg of kolsh made from Fruit n Fibre to perfection in 48 hours.
Jeez I thought i was having a stroke trying to read that. I understand all the words yet I have no idea what they mean in that order.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Reaction score
I came across this a few weeks back and just had to.

9.2% abv and a s**t ton of hops. It’s pretty lush and it looks like it tastes.

chickens for hot smoking tomorrow for Sunday lunch have just gone in to brine over night. So I thought I would treat myself.
892943C4-64B8-4B55-A957-A9989389E5EF.jpeg

Reaction score
D764F171-86A3-4B94-8397-16E8D8D47372.jpeg
Last keg dregs of my hazy as F*8*k Eldorado , Citra & Mosaic pale ale. Sorry to see this go. Just brewed a coopers pale tweak with 300gm of flaked oats, carapils mini mash , wheat dme , light dme With a Citra, galaxy & mosaic hop tea, followed by , at high Krausen a dry hop & then a further dry hop 4 days before kegging. Hope it’s as good as this beauty. Cheers !

obscure

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild Brew Co Nebula,
I purchased a can yesterday, it’s described as a Hazy IPA (which seems suspiciously similar to a NEIPA) I,e, lots of dry hoping. It’s not bad and worth the £1.85 price tag.

That said it’s a tad more bitter than I was hoping for although still has a lot of flavour.

obscure

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first bottle of my Sierra Nevada Clone, it doesn’t really taste like Sierra Nevada but it’s a pretty good Pale Ale non the less.

5DAD3D63-78D7-4FFA-9721-A85D76868E65.jpeg

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
William Brothers Brel which is a Belgian IPA which I buy from Aldi. Really nice but follows my clone Otter.

pilgrimhudd

Landlord.
Reaction score
The last 750ml bottle of my Dunkel, it's quite a complex beer inadvertently, pour it quickly and you get a clear malty beer, otherwise the yeast gets mixed in, it turns a muddy brown and has a lovely fruity taste. I had a Batemans victory ale after, disappointing, i felt it was neither hoppy or fruity, which is how it describes itself.

Latest posts

Group Builder