What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now on the Punky IPA. Normal service is resumed 🍻

269F49D3-299D-4A20-BAF2-820F91813C08.jpeg

Got my veg prepared so rewarding myself with a life or death. Still think this is the best ipa that can be picked up everywhere.
acheers.
20200412_161102.jpg

I remember having one of these to celebrate my first 100+ mile ride a couple of years ago. In hindsight it probably wasn't the best choice of recovery drink... View attachment 24371
impressive athumb.. my high scores are 72 miles in a week :rolleyes: the same week I had 72 units of alchohol :onechug:
now I drink more and cycle less but at 55yo ish 60 miles this week helped with fitness & wellbeing.

Proper Job the Mrs brought 6 back from this weeks shop as last time she could only get two (which I've grown on the stir plate).

Trying to stay off my cascade apa I brewed 3wks ago with a dried voss until it clears a little more. First brew since November so low stock. Californian common in chamber to follow.

Attachments

• 15867080642597875638556688223682.jpg
    15867080642597875638556688223682.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 92
My BIPA, a rekorderlig mango and (raspberry?) something, followed by a Westmalle dubbel.

Then copious amounts of rum.

Not sure I've ever had a commercial kveik beer before so have been keen to try this.
It's a cracking CW pale with the usual smoothness but I think the kveik makes its presence felt in the aroma, with maybe a orangey ester coming through... could just be the hops though :laugh8: Wish they listed the varieties used on the can.
20200412_175433.jpg

Now,we are starting to see dried Kweik I can see it becoming my standard in the summer months. And the Ester profile on some of them really lends itself to a lot of pale ales. I would be surprised if we didn’t start to see it becoming kore prevalent both in home brew and commercial.

As for what I’m drinking I am still on my London Porter Clone, it is far to easy to drink for a 5.6% beer.

Late off the mark today @Hazelwood Brewery, everything OK?

I should’ve explained myself for letting the side down.

Our rotary clothes line was showing signs of wear so I bought some replacement line. I notionally gave myself 20 minutes to replace it, thinking I’d just get this done before I relax with a beer.

Bloody thing took two hours! 🥺

Our rotary clothes line was showing signs of wear
Is someone bored during lockdown? :laugh8:

Reminds me of the text SWMBO had the other day from a friend genuinely suggesting that, if looking for things to do, now would be a good time to check that our main stop-cock works correctly... 😯

Of course, she informed them that she had stopped all of that sort of thing years ago! asad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back