What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilco lighthouse Keeper Pale Ale 4.3%, drunk straight from the fermentor after bottling the rest.

Was a bit apprehensive on this one, was an old kit that had being sitting in the garage for about 18 months so decided to just throw in a kilo of brewing sugar I had knocking around and some fresh yeast. It is mediocre not bad, not fantastic, but I reckon once it has had a few weeks to condition, it should be a perfectly acceptable summer session beer, served cold on a Sunday afternoon in the garden.

Would have another beer now, but I’m brewing at the moment and intoxicating plus 15L of boiling liquid really don’t mix.

"Would have another beer now, but I’m brewing at the moment and intoxicating plus 15L of boiling liquid really don’t mix."

I dare ya :)

Round 3 (of spot the CD) :)
IMG_1567.JPG

I wonder how long this will last LOL
I'm gonna be ****** as handcarts come teatime :)

Kit Coopers Euro lager, dry hopped with Saaz.
Been bottled for 5 or 6 months, very refreshing, nothing to write home about, but better than supermarket standard lager, so no complaints.

Going down with a cheese and baked bean toasty (yes, I know, I'm posh)

As much as I love Belgian beers, wit is a style that I've never really been taken with. Maybe I just haven't tried the right one yet.

I'm on the Munich dunkel, I've only a few of these left so trying to ration them cos this is up there with my best ever brews for sure. I'm bottling a bock tomorrow and I hope it's as good 🤞
try korenwulf by gulpener athumb..

I had a delivery from Loose a cannon Brewery (based in Oxfordshire) going by the description on the website bottled from a tank on the morning of delivery, so hoping it will be similar to what you get in a poly pin. Shelf life is 5-7 days from,mdelivery so I can’t not drink it tonight.

Just drinking my AG single hop (Citra), hop is starting to come through but wished I'd added more.
beer.jpg

Last edited:
My brewing for the day is done and my beer delivery arrived.
66037C03-02D0-4F9B-AB5B-F6EA43F41DA0.jpeg
Loose Cannon Recoil (4,2%). To quote the websites description:

”Our Spring seasonal. A dry hopped all pilsner malt brew. Crisp and straw coloured with big hits of tropical fruits and citrus.”

The citrus is fairly strong in this one, it’s a nice easy drinking beer, which is a relief as I have 2 1 L bottles of it with a 5-7 day shelf life so would be pretty irritated if it was unpleasant.

Maybe it's just the wrong time of day for an imperial breakfast gose with blueberry and 'natural flavourings', but this is not nice.
God knows what the natural flavourings are but there is a weird something I can't put my finger on but it's sort of caramely and doesn't work.
But if you don't try you never know acheers.
20200501_165120.jpg

Starting this weekend with the last of my bought (actually gifted from my daughter) beers. Despite an uninspiring label it actually tastes pretty good. The hop aroma is quite muted (how often do we hear that in comps!) but the flavour is nice and hoppy.

9E7C8E8D-E06F-4582-B74C-28BCFF419A04.jpeg

finishing off my last lemon munich ipa. its quite enjoyable may do a double brew this weekend and do a mosaic munich ipa in addition to @strange-steve weizenbock recipe. i really should be brewing a lighter stout though, its been a while.

Three day weekend wooo!

Tonight's menu is a Mosaic El Dorado pale, followed by the last of my Bumbu rum (I want the bottle for my hot sauce tomorrow, honest). I'm starting at a respectable time tonight aswell!
IMG_20200501_174051.jpg
IMG_20200501_171422.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back