What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late start for me today, I fancied a lie in!

Had a disco forklift truck whilst bottling my user upper Schwarzbier. Very fruity, but not quite what I was expecting.

Now I'm chilling out with the first bottle of my Kveik NEIPA. It's bloody lovely! Hopped with Citra, Mosaic, and El Dorado and around 6.5% but you couldn't tell.
IMG_20200816_130348.jpg
IMG_20200816_143612.jpg
My best brew to date.

i moved on to a red ipa, its ok definitely not a repeatable recipe without some tweaks. anyone have experience with caraaroma? get some woodiness with it?

bought this at tesco yesterday, is quite delicious although a bit sweet and shockingly only 4.5%. it has way more flavour than that would indicate. it makes me think they back sweeten it. definitely a good geuze for the first timers but is no cantillon.

View attachment 31098

Interesting. How much was it?

Was hoping for a little nostalagia but this is god awful. Not sure if it is the new brew dog owners but would recommend skipping this unless you are in the US. Crystal malty and not hoppy at all, nothing like the good ole days doing beer miles with stone ipa. Not sure what happened over here...

20200816_164630.jpg

Last edited:
Was hoping for a little nostalagia but this is god awful. Not sure if it is the new brew dog owners but would recommend skipping this unless you are in the US. Crystal malty and not happy at all, nothing like the good ole days doing beer miles with stone ipa. Not sure what happened over here...

View attachment 31117
ashock1
I haven't had one in a couple of years but I used to love Stone IPA!

Had to dump and move on.
Quite impressed with this one, I really am enjoying the mosaic eukanot combo. The yeast is not my favorite, likely conan but a really solid tasty beer.

20200816_170218.jpg

Back home and first taste of Brew #5, a Citra-dominated pale ale bottled about 3 weeks ago. Clean and fresh with some orangey notes and a kick of dry bitterness on the finish. Not bad at all.

Also had a taste of the Dry Stout that has just been cold crashed. Promising in a straightforward roasted stout-y sort of way. Hopefully very drinkable and a good basis for future experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back