What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving on from the pale end of the spectrum to something a little darker. A nice bitter with Bramling Cross hops. I really like Bramling Cross but it’s just a little too fruity for a bitter in my view - we’ll see how it fares in the comp.

B9E150AD-DC5C-4A1D-92B6-D92EA42C740D.jpeg

My Belgian thingie - ' Zomer Bier ' Sort of a 'single' - Pale Malt and golden syrup, Hallertau Blanc and EKG hops, fermented with MJ triple yeast at the top end of it's temp range. Carbed up and cleared within a week.

it tastes very Duval like to me, also a bit like Leffe Blonde, but I am a Belgian beer heretic (I don't much enjoy dark Belgian beers, for instance) so I'm perhaps not the most experienced person to comment on if it's any good.

IMG_20200819_194520.jpg

Not these two. They are bound for the Isle of Man. But I happen to have the kegs that they came from so I am getting stuck in whilst I brew a left hand brewing milk stout clone.

IMG_20200819_220304.jpg

Another pimped Mad Millie Lager. Perfect carbonation now it's out in the garage then fridge. Sweet and malty with the right bitterness.
On to a McEwans Headspace later (whisky blended ale) for the first time. Hmm, we'll see how that turns out.

Attachments

• DSC_1720.JPG
    DSC_1720.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_1719.JPG
    DSC_1719.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 91
gave this one a shot, was in the region last week. a pale ale with amarillo and summit. it's giving me a lot of dirty earthy bitterness similar to fuggles. I have used Amarillo before and I thought it was the kveik yeast but now am wondering if it's Amarillo? not getting fruity at all as the description says. I don't like it at all.

20200820_190052.jpg

Cardamom Saison!

This one was also kegged last Friday.

5.5%, still a little hazy. Aroma is mostly saison spice and a little muted cardamom (I know this will brighten up in a few days), flavour is a bit confused at the moment - there is saison spice, coriander, and cardamom but they’re all fighting each other (again, I know in a few days these flavours will meld into something really nice). Very little bitterness as you might expect in a saison, probably only 20-25 IBUs?

Drinkable for sure but not enjoyable yet in the way the bitter is.

008C6DF3-D119-4F60-ACFA-79868029254E.jpeg

Last edited:
Cardamom Saidon!

This one was also kegged last Friday.

5.5%, still a little hazy. Aroma is mostly saison spice and a little muted cardamom (I know this will brighten up in a few days), flavour is a bit confused at the moment - there is saison spice, coriander, and cardamom but they’re all fighting each other (again, I know in a few days these flavours will meld into something really nice). Very little bitterness as you might expect in a saison, probably only 20-25 IBUs?

Drinkable for sure but not enjoyable yet in the way the bitter is.

View attachment 31325
cardamom, not sure I can even think of that flavour.

I was in Heywood today for a project kick off so popped into the local Asda to see what local(ish) beers they had. First up, Joseph Holt's Manchester Brown Ale. Very nice. Always good to see a brewer still doing a brown ale. 3.8%. Nice fruitiness, from #3 invert I suspect? Thumbs up from me.
IMG_20200820_192614.jpg

I was in Heywood today for a project kick off so popped into the local Asda to see what local(ish) beers they had. First up, Joseph Holt's Manchester Brown Ale. Very nice. Always good to see a brewer still doing a brown ale. 3.8%. Nice fruitiness, from #3 invert I suspect? Thumbs up from me.
View attachment 31326

I like a brown ale - have one fermenting at the moment (5 days in I think).

Brown malt doesn’t seem so popular these days but I use quite a bit in brown ales, porters, and stouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back