What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of pace..I was given a Glenfiddich box ..this one is rather tasty

IMG_20200821_234329_Bokeh.jpg

This!
IMG_20200822_001828.jpg

The word 'garbage' springs to mind. The label says it's strong and well hopped. I'd replace that with fizzy and bland. Aroma is of literally nothing. Mouth feel is thin, fizzy and slightly sour. It's an IPA but, in Ireland, that means it cannot be over 6% for fear that people won't buy it. So as a consequence, you end up with a weak beer, for the style.

This beer was given to me as a gift. I would never have bought this beer. Primarily because I have never heard of the brewery. Yet again, this reeks of a young brewery that is just jumping on the bandwagon and not really knowing wtf they are doing.

I was given another one of this breweries beers. A red ale. I won't be opening it tonight but I imagine it to be seriously ****. I will never drink another beer from this brewery as long as I live.

If things ever settle down and you find yourself on the west side of Michigan--it's quite nice by the lake, by the way, try a four-pack of this beer. Bourbon barrel-aged stout called Dragon's Milk

. View attachment 31405

I mentioned last time that it's at Costco's and cheaper than in the regular stores. This is from the newest pallet they brought in. I have to say, I was really pleased that New Holland Brewing made a deal with them to sell their product. There's fourteen stores in Michigan? That's a lot of beer being sold! The purchaser for Costco gets two thumbs up.
I've found it in the UK for £9.20 per bottle 🤯 I'm not due to do a beer order just yet but when I am I may treat myself to 1 🤣

I'm up in Buxton for a couple of days so I went to visit Buxton Brewery Tap Room. Good beer, terrible service!
IMG_20200821_191213.jpg
from left to right:
Buxton X Omnipollo lemon meringue ice cream pale 6%
Trolltunga gooseberry sour 6.3%
Saison! Abv no idea!
Imperial Black stout 7.5%

The lemon meringue was the star of the show.

I'm up in Buxton for a couple of days so I went to visit Buxton Brewery Tap Room. Good beer, terrible service! View attachment 31412from left to right:
Saison! Abv no idea!

Aaaah I love that place when I visited, shame you got a bad service

T
I'm up in Buxton for a couple of days so I went to visit Buxton Brewery Tap Room. Good beer, terrible service! View attachment 31412from left to right:
Saison! Abv no idea!

Try Red Willow tap room too, it's the old bank, great interior and good beer and meat and cheese board 🤤 I need to go back

If things ever settle down and you find yourself on the west side of Michigan--it's quite nice by the lake, by the way, try a four-pack of this beer. Bourbon barrel-aged stout called Dragon's Milk

. View attachment 31405

I mentioned last time that it's at Costco's and cheaper than in the regular stores. This is from the newest pallet they brought in. I have to say, I was really pleased that New Holland Brewing made a deal with them to sell their product. There's fourteen stores in Michigan? That's a lot of beer being sold! The purchaser for Costco gets two thumbs up.

Is New Holland a place, or is that brewery name a riff on New Belgium?

This!
View attachment 31409
The word 'garbage' springs to mind. The label says it's strong and well hopped. I'd replace that with fizzy and bland. Aroma is of literally nothing. Mouth feel is thin, fizzy and slightly sour. It's an IPA but, in Ireland, that means it cannot be over 6% for fear that people won't buy it. So as a consequence, you end up with a weak beer, for the style.

This beer was given to me as a gift. I would never have bought this beer. Primarily because I have never heard of the brewery. Yet again, this reeks of a young brewery that is just jumping on the bandwagon and not really knowing wtf they are doing.

I was given another one of this breweries beers. A red ale. I won't be opening it tonight but I imagine it to be seriously ****. I will never drink another beer from this brewery as long as I live.
😀😀😀
I had that beer, I find that with a lot of new brewery's. They play it safe, the range will include red ale, stout and a pale ale. It must have to do with profit and price range.

On the cider already today first time iv made a cider and it's ok but nothing special really drinkable tho,my yeast arrived yesterday so it's time to get a brew on

Failed how?
well my braumeister sprayed half the wort all over the kitchen on the brew day. i tried taking a portion of the malt and baking it like the other batch and then i left the rest of the malt in the braumeister to keep mashing. it must have created a serious pressurized channel in the malt sleeve, it was going off like a sprinkler and sprayed out at least half the wort. only ended up with about 6l of wort after that so I soured it. Its pretty good, a bit over carbonated like a duvel but you can swirl it out to get it to your preference. very unique.

Saison! Abv no idea!

I grew up in Buxton, lots of fond memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back