What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild beer for starters, not bad but a bit thin and bland
IMG_20200822_142115349.jpg

A small haul from the local craft beer shop, a few days worth here probably as theres a few strong ones

20200822_155007.jpg

First up the Vocation Hop, Skip and Juice - good choice for a thirst quencher
20200822_155100.jpg

This looks interesting, the Pastore brewery in Cambs only uses wild yeasts I hear. Had a sour before but not a weisse so should be a but different
20200822_155802.jpg

I know all the others but not that one, tell us more.
The weisse? I actually thought about this one for a change.... well, it smells like yeasty cider apples, tastes dry and sour very much like a dryer cider and a bit of sweetness, and mango of course which is balanced, not overpowering. A lingering wheat beer aftertaste that's actually quite nice, and a bit live yogurty as well
7/10 from me, very good, different and quirky. I'll certainly try another when I see them come up. I'd say it could be sessionable if you were into them unlike a sour, but for me still more of a now-and-again beer.

20200822_163330.jpg

Last edited:
First taste of a cider I made in May, Lidl cloudy apple juice and Brett Brux. Bottled about a month ago.

Pretty tasty with an interesting balance between the sweetness of the apple but that drying sensation from Brettanomyces. I think it’s still got some changes to go through; I didn’t use any pectolase as Brett can metabolise pectin and as you can see it’s still very cloudy. Be interesting to see where this is in another say 3 months.

Attachments

• 44D9CC4B-DE20-4314-A432-C5AE737C45D4.jpeg
    44D9CC4B-DE20-4314-A432-C5AE737C45D4.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 74
The weisse? I actually thought about this one for a change.... well, it smells like yeasty cider apples, tastes dry and sour very much like a dryer cider and a bit of sweetness, and mango of course which is balanced, not overpowering. A lingering wheat beer aftertaste that's actually quite nice, and also an earthy aftertaste that I've not noticed in a beer before but it's not horrible just there.
7/10 from me, very good, different and quirky. I'll certainly try another when I see them come up. I'd say it could be sessionable if you were into them unlike a sour, but for me still more of a now-and-again beer.

View attachment 31435

Sounds nice and looks lovely.

...giz a sausage. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back