What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to get predictable but I’m starting with a pint of Best while brewing a new Citra Pale Ale. Mash done - time for a celebration pint 🥳

B48F21A9-9461-4DD5-824A-166DBA769BBA.jpeg

Yeah I prefer both be134 and belle saison to m29 but to be honest they are all excellent choices just different.

Onto the hoppy pils, this one is clear. Cold lagering is really changing this. Much more pilsnerish now. And not over hopped.
20200908_181210.jpg

Looks tasty 😋
Yours always do too. I need to serve mine a bit warmer like you as mine always tend to have a chill haze. I had to pull the summer breeze out of the kegerator to make room for the session pale that's fermenting. It's 26c outside right now....needed to cool that one down quick.

Yours always do too. I need to serve mine a bit warmer like you as mine always tend to have a chill haze. I had to pull the summer breeze out of the kegerator to make room for the session pale that's fermenting. It's 26c outside right now....needed to cool that one down quick.

That’s a nice compliment. Yes, I like an ale at about ambient temperatures within the limits of 10 and 20 degrees.

26 is at the high risk end of the scale. My beer shed is at 21 at the moment so that’s OK. I’m a bit torn between wanting warm temperatures to stretch out the summer and wanting lower temperatures for my beer. Only until I sort out some temperature control though, then it’s hot as you like!

I can never tire of your pictures H!
Out of interest...what's the difference between the MJ and the Belle Saison giving?
I'm brewing tomorrow...it's 90% gonna be an AIPA with azzaca...some wheat and oats...but the cardomom Saison is lurking...
As for drinkywinkies...I've had two pints of my kegged stout...the carb and pressure seems to be just right atm...and now......
SAISON!

Last edited:
I can never tire of your pictures H!
Out of interest...what's the difference between the MJ and the Belle Saison giving?
I'm brewing tomorrow...it's 90% gonna be an AIPA with azzaca...some wheat and oats...but the cardomom Saison is lurking...
As for drinkywinkies...I've had two pints of my kegged stout...the carb and pressure seems to be just right atm...and now......
SAISON!

Good to hear @Clint , thank you!

For me the Belle Saison gives a better saison flavour, the MJ yeast is maybe cleaner but as a consequence is missing a little something. Having read a few reviews though, I may just be in the minority!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back