What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Balls, you're right! Ah well the seal's broken now :confused:
Merry Christmas Steve, hope you have a good one

download.jpg

El Chupacabra Primo.

My last Wilko cerveza kit that I dumped 0.5kg of brown sugar on top of 1kg of table sugar. At about 5.5% after priming. it's a bit stronger than planned but it'll do.

Edit - checked my notes and corrected.

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_181912_641~2.jpg
    IMG_20201002_181912_641~2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
CFC04FC8-DDDF-4C45-B8BC-71F6F855778C.jpeg

Never had it before but it’s pretty damn good. I’ll probably only have the one them though, before I move onto something else, as it’s 8.2%!

It was going to be another pint of my ordinary butter (edit bitter) but when I tried to draw another pint I got about a hundred ml then the tell tale hiss and froth of an empty keg.

So instead a pint of my London Porter clone (GW Recipe).

This has a smooth slightly sweet taste from the crystal malt, overall really happy with how this turned out.

Papworth Victory Best Bitter from Northdown Brewery. Apparently it’s magnificently delicious, well rounded, and has a long finish and a hint of raisin. 4.2% and dry hopped with Anglo, New Zealand hops.

Smells hoppy with quite a strong lime aroma, definitely lime zest in the flavour too. Can’t say I’m getting the raisin but still very tasty.

6A83F95C-940F-433C-8C32-80AF50E3DC60.jpeg

This...chocolatey, coffee-ey and roasty. On nitro too. Laaaavely!
View attachment 33548
I must admit I had that last night and poured the last 80ml or so away. I like coffee stout, I like vanilla stout, I like milk stout, I like chocolate stout, but chocolate vanilla coffee milk stout was too much for me. Couldn't even manage my dinner afterwards. Maybe on another day I would enjoy it more. The nitro thing was interesting. I hadn't realised until I opened it. Definitely one to drink chilled.

Papworth Victory Best Bitter from Northdown Brewery. Apparently it’s magnificently delicious, well rounded, and has a long finish and a hint of raisin. 4.2% and dry hopped with Anglo, New Zealand hops.

Smells hoppy with quite a strong lime aroma, definitely lime zest in the flavour too. Can’t say I’m getting the raisin but still very tasty.

View attachment 33549
Looks quite light for a bitter ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back