What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting the night from my Belgian stash whilst waiting for the chicken shish to arrive🍺 saved the dreggs too for my Belgian Pale that's cljust finished fermenting.
IMG_20201006_194004.jpg
IMG_20201006_194259.jpg

I’m having a beer from @dave_77

On the cap it just says “Cream / Wit”. I have to confess I’ve no idea what I’m getting myself into 😂

It’s nicely carbonated although the head fell away quite quickly leaving a thin covering of bubbles that lasted to the bottom of the glass. The beer is straw coloured and is clear with just a touch of milkiness.

The aroma is sweet and fruity, kind of like jelly beans - there’s a lot going on but the aromas all blend into something you can’t describe. I think I can pick out banana, cookie dough, honey, perhaps a touch of pear.

The flavour is wheaty and fruity. I’m not sure about anything creamy. Not knowing any better I thought maybe I should expect something like a hint of cream soda but there’s no cream soda.

I really enjoyed this beer although it’s nothing like any of the beers I’ve been brewing up to now. I might need to buy another keg for another style 😉

2685377E-36D1-40A8-A9E2-361F5E7105E2.jpeg

I’m having a beer from @dave_77

On the cap it just says “Cream / Wit”. I have to confess I’ve no idea what I’m getting myself into 😂

It’s nicely carbonated although the head fell away quite quickly leaving a thin covering of bubbles that lasted to the bottom of the glass. The beer is straw coloured and is clear with just a touch of milkiness.

The aroma is sweet and fruity, kind of like jelly beans - there’s a lot going on but the aromas all blend into something you can’t describe. I think I can pick out banana, cookie dough, honey, perhaps a touch of pear.

The flavour is wheaty and fruity. I’m not sure about anything creamy. Not knowing any better I thought maybe I should expect something like a hint of cream soda but there’s no cream soda.

I really enjoyed this beer although it’s nothing like any of the beers I’ve been brewing up to now. I might need to buy another keg for another style 😉

View attachment 33774
Haha, your comments made me smile 😁
It was loosely based on a beer I had a few months ago. Cream ale(America lite ale) with flavourings from a Belgian wit(coriander and orange peel) + sorachi Ace fermented with German ale/kolsch yeast.
Screenshot_20201006-224029.jpg

A can of Hoegaarden 0,0 - bought as a guilt-free-5pm-on-a-Wednesday-still- working option.

It is quite unlike any other non alcoholic beer I have had. I actually quite like the alcoholic free Hefeweizens but this is just weird. It is very sweet and has more in common with carbonated soft drinks than beer - as if San Pellegrino had brought out a Coriander Seed and Orange Peel lemonade.

Had a bit of time to do a mid week writeup so taking advantage of it.

Harlequin APA, although I'd call this an IPA.

Pours a hazy yellow copper color, with a nice white head. A bit hazy but expected
Aroma is surprisingly blackberry, citrus and some piney hops. Its very hoppy fragrant and I get really light bready malts in the background.
I was prepared for this one being a bitter hop bomb after a few descriptions from @Hazelwood Brewery which it kind of is, its very resinous and pine like hoppy and decently bitter but the bitterness surprisingly quickly fades making it drink a lot easier than the old school west coast hop bombs that ruin your palate for days. I am not getting any of the fruity aromas in the flavour and really little malt at all. It's a session ale after all.
Overall it's definitely a hop monster, but not in a bad way. It's surprisingly flavorful for the low ABV and it's a nice change in pace to all the fruity IPA's I have been brewing. I think this one would do a lot better at say 7% to help balance the hops a bit more.
Thanks for sending even though you didn't really want to. Looking forward to the other two I have chilling.

by the way are these bottles 500ml or 330s?

20201007_182052.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back