What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been pondering brewing an American Brown but hesitating as I'd never knowingly tried one. Then by happy coincidence the local brewery released one yesterday.

Electric Bear 'Another Day in Lieu'. 4.6%. Extra Pale, Crystal 240, Dark Crystal, Munich, Roasts Barley, Torrified Wheat. Azacca, Centennial, Amarillo.

It's really good. Full on hoppy attack but finishing with lovely rounded malty notes. Reminds me a bit of a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Might try and stick a few cans under the Christmas tree next month.

Attachments

• 16045997875206505976539742069651.jpg
    16045997875206505976539742069651.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 40
kQh9mRqm.jpg

Verdant ipa yeast best bitter. With some head in case you didn't notice, I did pour it rather aggressively . There is a slight haze unfortunately. Will be interested to see if it drops more over another week or so. Very good in the flavour department at least, so I'm wondering whether I ****** up somewhere to get other haze, rather than it being slow to flocc all out. I did use a new mash tun and pump for the first time with this beer

Just making my way through @Hopsteep international pale lager. I haven't got much detail on this other than he used a load of flaked rice.
Slightly over carbonated poured a hazy golden straw. Really nice looking beer. Taste really surprised me, this doesn't drink like a lager. It has body and a really smooth finish with very low bitterness. I could easily drink this by the bucket load at a BBQ. Normally I find lagers too thin and watery.
This was a nice surprise
IMG_20201105_184408225.jpg

I've been pondering brewing an American Brown but hesitating as I'd never knowingly tried one. Then by happy coincidence the local brewery released one yesterday.

Electric Bear 'Another Day in Lieu'. 4.6%. Extra Pale, Crystal 240, Dark Crystal, Munich, Roasts Barley, Torrified Wheat. Azacca, Centennial, Amarillo.

It's really good. Full on hoppy attack but finishing with lovely rounded malty notes. Reminds me a bit of a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Might try and stick a few cans under the Christmas tree next month.
TCO...try Tia Maria and Cointreau in the same glass...

I had a Christmas Eve when I was about 18 when I drank whisky and was so ill I stayed in bed for the whole of Christmas Day. I never touched whisky for 20 years after and not keen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back