What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First beer tonight is a single malt/single hop beer from White Hag brewery. Irish Ale malt with strata hops 5.5%. I have had a few of their beers over the years and have found them very consistent and this one is a crisp and easy drinking beer. I did have a left handed giant strata beer in the summer and I don't remember if that had anything else. This has a pine
IMG_20201218_191214.jpg
/pineapple aroma and the flavour is more of a pink grapefruit taste..under £4 a can , very happy with this beer 👍🏼

This is my first attempt at a Brett Saison. I have to say I am well impressed, it's actually 7% abv.
I soaked prunes in red wine, this was added after 2 week's. It's around 6 month's old.

Thank you for the review
Wow I should have guessed that as it has plenty of body but still drinks light like a nice dubbel. I think a sour beer is on the list for the Christmas break. Gotta find that yeast.

Behind door 15 was a real treat definitely deserving of being the main course rather than the starter.
Carribean chocolate cake, a collaboration with cigar city brewing and a limited Christmas time production. This was the first 'Siren' beer I tried, 12 months or so ago. Today's is a Nitro variant which I've not had before, and I've not had the non-nitro version this year yet either; however, this is even more chocolatey than I recall and the cypress wood really does balance beautifully against it. Remains on Santas Good list!
_20201218_194713.JPG

Just got my web-bier.de deliver. The first one out of the box is Hacker Pschorr Superior Festbier. Haven’t tried this one before. It’s a seasonal, limited edition. Lovely beer, 6.0% though and goes down far too easy!

0117F88D-12D0-4819-8C92-6450278988EA.jpeg

Attachments

• 90B518C2-BA44-4656-A9BC-0BB1BCF2B72C.jpeg
    90B518C2-BA44-4656-A9BC-0BB1BCF2B72C.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 53
Old peculiar tonight it’s pretty good quite balanced and a little less malty than the others.

56550BB9-EF61-47B9-AE34-07A10CDF89F0.jpeg

Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale - A great combo of pine, spice and malt
King Goblin - Solid
Old Peculier - Balanced and lighter
McEwans Champion - has a dirt earthy hop character to me. Similar to 1845 but more malt.
Fullers ESB - Malt extracty and sweet
Fullers 1845 - tried the other half of the bottle and the barnyardiness was there again. hmmm that knocked it down a bit.
Old Tom - unremarkable and heavy on the alcohol

Just got my web-bier.de deliver. The first one out of the box is Hacker Pschorr Superior Festbier. Haven’t tried this one before. It’s a seasonal, limited edition. Lovely beer, 6.0% though and goes down far too easy!

View attachment 37766

I just bought a 24 pack of various bier on a whim, Should have bought that one...

I just bought a 24 pack of various bier on a whim, Should have bought that one...
I love that website - I might get another box in before brexit. Might be the last chance before import duty makes it uneconomical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back