What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last of the Verdant cans I brought back from Cornwall, 300 Laps of Your lawn Pale Ale.
I could drink this all night, such an enjoyable citrusy,hoppy smash !
IMG_20200830_181603454.jpg

My second Saison! of the evening.
Opened the first to celebrate my mate finishing her 105 mile run around the Lake District. I ran the first leg with her yesterday morning! Second beer is a logical progression from the first. At 7.5% is no lawnmower beer, but that's my next task before I need to sit down.

A little yeast in the pour...
View attachment 31824
Was it an event? I am fondly remembering my lakeland 100 run a few years back.

IMG_20200830_183025.jpg

First up...beer swap with Hazelwood Brewery...the forums very own H...Bramble Bitter..
It's a bit cold at the moment but I'm getting nice chewy malt,nutty,dry pithy lingering finish. Nice pop on opening the bottle but no foaming..it pours well and had a steady, gentle carbonation. Creamy,off white head which,half way down the glass is still there and some nice lacing on the glass. It's warming a bit and there's a subtle dark fruit? aroma and more malt. The dry finish is great and really hangs on.
It's a great pint H!
Thanks!

View attachment 31828
First up...beer swap with Hazelwood Brewery...the forums very own H...Bramble Bitter..
It's a bit cold at the moment but I'm getting nice chewy malt,nutty,dry pithy lingering finish. Nice pop on opening the bottle but no foaming..it pours well and had a steady, gentle carbonation. Creamy,off white head which,half way down the glass is still there and some nice lacing on the glass. It's warming a bit and there's a subtle dark fruit? aroma and more malt. The dry finish is great and really hangs on.
It's a great pint H!
Thanks!

I’m pleased you like it thumb.

That one has maybe just a little too much fruit. There is far less fruit in the other bitter but you’ll have to wait until it’s carbed up. You can probably drink the stout when you want it.

Was it an event? I am fondly remembering my lakeland 100 run a few years back.
Not an event. Lakes, Meres and Waters challenge. A rather niche challenge that's only been completed 10 times since early 1980's.

Lakeland 100 is a tough day out.

I’m pleased you like it thumb.

That one has maybe just a little too much fruit. There is far less fruit in the other bitter but you’ll have to wait until it’s carbed up. You can probably drink the stout when you want it.
It's very nice! I like the fruit...I got some BX in the freezer...
The stout is next...I'm letting it warm up a bit.

100 mile is some running. How long did that take you. A marathon is long enough for me
a long time, 34 hours or so if I remember correctly we started at 18:00 and finished two mornings later at 04:00.

Hooo, boy!
Trying another new one tonight Tone Burst from Drygate Brewing Co. in Glasgow.
It's a Rhubarb Berliner Weisse.

Not for me I'm afraid, way too sour for my palate. I'll struggle through both cans the best I'm able...

Attachments

• 20200830_204011.jpg
    20200830_204011.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 50
I had a Berliner Weisse for the first time last week and found that as it went on I got used to the sourness. That was a mango though, rhubarb is quite sour itself so perhaps that's it

I think you are right, I've just finished a home brew Raspberry Berliner Weisse and I'll make it again. Nice balance.
This Rhubarb one is jaw achingly sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back