What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in a position financially to justify moving up to AG brews, but that is my goal sometime in the future. So in the meantime I am happy to use kits as there really are some good ones out there, for sure. athumb..
Don't let the 'kit' put you off. I get along fine doing 10l brews with a 20l pot and a bag for the grains.

I am not in a position financially to justify moving up to AG brews, but that is my goal sometime in the future. So in the meantime I am happy to use kits as there really are some good ones out there, for sure. athumb..
I do both and have done for some years now.

I do both and have done for some years now.

To be honest, I am quite happy chugging along with my kits. Up till now they have all turned out great and very drinkable, and may they continue to do so for many brews to come! So I will just carry on for now, brewing nice beer! Maybe one day I will cross the bridge to AG, or maybe not. ;)

IMG_20200910_223619.jpg

Nightmare for mixing my drinks, but I am now supping my nightcap of Strawberry and Lime TC which is really tangy and slightly sharp but very palatable.

Good night all....

Last bottle of coopers irish stout, no homebrew left but never mind my brothers here visiting and brought me a box of belhaven best,by no means my favourite tipple but it'll do till I bottle my woodfordes bure gold

Big Lamp Bitter Clone (4%)

I kegged this back in mid June, then we had the heat wave and it was way to hot to serve this without refrigeration, so I popped the keg in the garage and forgot about it.

88C021EE-8364-463B-8101-488E38EA8CAC.jpeg
I have to say that I am rather pleased with how this turned out, it is a tad more effervescent than I would like, but that is the downside of dispensing from a corny keg at room temperature, and my flow control tap made it viable to draw off a pint.

The beer itself is gently carbonated, bitter with just a hint of sweetness. Overall I am extremely pleased how this turned out while it is not an exceptional pint it is a good middle of the road Session beer, easy to drink not too strong, ideal for a Friday night.

Tapwater.

But, I hear you ask: "Gerrit, it's Friday, aren't you having your allotted 2 pints tonight?"
And I answer: "I would, if I did not have to pick up my youngest from the trainstation around 1-ish tonight."

Another hoppy NEIPA style beer, this one coming in at 10%. It's thick and juicy feeling, boozy, and hoppy. The amarillo hops put orange juice in mind when drinking this and there's a kind of pithy sensation.
IMG_20200911_165226.jpg

Whilst it is a good beer I'm longing for something dark and malty. The trouble is I have far too many hoppy beers to drink and they have to be drunk fresh!

I guess there are worse problems...

Running short so revisiting the Patersbier i don't really like. Still convinced that this is a reasonably well made beer but just not to my taste.
20200911_175240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back