What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just comparing mine own WCIPA to a Life & Death - an interesting comparison as they are both 6.5% abv
Mine is intentionally more old school and darker with 9.5% caramalt, but lacking in bitterness even with 65 IBUs, when you drink them side by side 🤔
View attachment 43769

Lacking bitterness, 65 IBUs. 😂 😂 😂

Another beer from Time&Tide but lazily named - what you having for lunch? “Ham sandwich”.

7.4% NEIPA. Looks a little oxidised but doesn’t taste it.

A4E99686-18B6-4D25-B77B-4232D248C7FF.jpeg

Another Summer Breeze but this one is different...can you see it?

View attachment 43766

This one was brewed by @samale.

Now it’s always a bit daunting asking the architect of a beer to give their opinion on your attempt at it so I should start by saying you’re safe @samale , you’ve done a great job!

There are some differences but this might be because I update the recipe quite often. Yours is slightly more bitter but I like that even though I’ve backed off a little with later versions. The hop balance is slightly different, perhaps slightly more Citra forward than Galaxy forward but this is subtle and honestly, who is going to complain about Citra 🤷‍♂️

I think you’ve done a great job here bud, well done! 👏

(Now you need to try the latest version😉)
Not a bad drop. I followed your original recipe. It contained 100g each of citra and galaxy. I will make the up to date version soon enough. I just need some galaxy 👍👍

Can not remember the last time a drainpoured but got this from Aldi..
Never again it had a Liquorice and vegetative smell/taste maybe was off but not going to find out.
I have had some good beers from Aldi as long as you do not expect full on hop monsters but this one was dire
20210321_082459 (1).jpg

My extract brew following the Graham Wheeler recipe for Taylor's Landlord. Much better than my first attempt, and still almost completely unlike Taylor's Landlord, or indeed any pale ale you care to mention. There is very little extra light DME out there!

Extract_Landlord_Jan2021.jpg

The hops aren't quite right, a bit less for bittering and more for aroma methinks, but still an OK bitter. Enough spare in my latest order of supplies to try the BIAB and see if I can do justice to the great man's recipe on the third attempt!

lucky i'm not tiring of stout as tonight it's...my stout.
a couple of 330ml brewdogs for a hint of variety. got a friend who's a share holder. they're seemingly having a virtual AGM next month.
that could get messy.

After the worrying incident with my tube heater I'm glad to say all is calm at 19c...I'm now anticipating the fermentation...which should have been under way.
Anyway...I've had another #4 Tribute..which needed gas...this might get brought in and primed. Now a choccy stout which is very nice and has lots of gas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back