What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6.4% Triple Fruited Sour. I already know this is going to draw my ar*e to my elbow. Ah well, in we go...😖

880AA775-B86F-4603-8626-DED3C54BC4BE.jpeg

Starting in the sun with a pale ale. Not Summer Breeze this time, this is another ale I thought I’d try with Olicana hops, brewed to be lower ABV at 4.3%.

It’s nice but in the way that you sometimes want something a bit less exciting when you’ve had your fill of alcohol and your taste buds are crying out for relief from the highly hopped ales. Yeah, a bit pedestrian but still very drinkable when you’re in the mood.

5C8BAF2C-6A9D-4895-9500-B358DCDC88C1.jpeg

Nice beer that. I still have one neighbour that asks if I have it on, two years from when I last made it!
Even though I'm going to all grain there are 3 kits I will definitely do again. The beerworks president Sierra, festival new zealand pilsner and mangrove Jack's juicy. Still haven't done the festival razorback or the mj grapefruit so I might try them as well

Bloody lager.... 3 weeks lagering after 3 weeks in the FV including a good cold crash.
Quite pleased with it though for a first attempt - very bready, presumably from the weyermann Bohemian pilsner malt.
Defo need to increase the 77% attenuation if I ever brew another one.
20210322_181450.jpg

Another Summer Breeze but this one is different...can you see it?

1B3D86F5-E4B6-43FC-BC8F-4B41D2BC9BEA.jpeg

This one was brewed by @samale.

Now it’s always a bit daunting asking the architect of a beer to give their opinion on your attempt at it so I should start by saying you’re safe @samale , you’ve done a great job!

There are some differences but this might be because I update the recipe quite often. Yours is slightly more bitter but I like that even though I’ve backed off a little with later versions. The hop balance is slightly different, perhaps slightly more Citra forward than Galaxy forward but this is subtle and honestly, who is going to complain about Citra 🤷‍♂️

I think you’ve done a great job here bud, well done! 👏

(Now you need to try the latest version😉)

Just comparing mine own WCIPA to a Life & Death - an interesting comparison as they are both 6.5% abv
Mine is intentionally more old school and darker with 9.5% caramalt, but lacking in bitterness even with 65 IBUs, when you drink them side by side 🤔
20210322_191238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back