What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a bitter now, this is the last of the dregs from my fermenter. Luckily, I have a whole keg conditioning.

0D8171BB-6483-4C7B-9677-0F179E99532F.jpeg

Next on my list for tonight, a pale ale from @samale This is a 5% pale hopped using Citra and mosaic.

Another nicely carbonated beer and a beautiful golden yellow colour. Again, just a touch of haze.

View attachment 43970
The aroma is citra and cascade as you might expect. Not a lot of malt coming through but the beer is quite cold.

The flavour is nice, the hops come through and there’s quite an assertive bitterness, not excessive. The finish is quite dry too so I’d have guessed the water profile was sulphate rich?

I like this ale @samale it might be my favourite of your ales (apart from the Summer Breeze of course! 😉 ).

Thank you!
That's the type of beer I would like to have on tap 👍

I should have had it by now but I managed to “misfile” it among some others I was conditioning, sorry!

The review might have been longer but it was my first beer of the night and I was thirsty! 😂
Ha ha, no worries mate. For me it was always a rather subtle pale ale so the extra time wouldn't have wrecked the havoc it might have done on a hop bomb beer.

Doubt I will be using either hop in large quantities again. They just don't bring enough to the party, for my liking, and the el Dorado basically wiped out the Idaho 7.

Went to the bar shed for a drink and because it’s bloody freezing I decided to bring 2. Lights out after these.

Attachments

• E34BCCCC-C292-49C6-87A5-90914E17A69A.jpeg
    E34BCCCC-C292-49C6-87A5-90914E17A69A.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 86
Dark Rock Punk IPA Clone partial mash, very pleased, kegged 10 litres and bottled 8 litres on the 15th of March, haven't tried a bottle yet. I have a brewzilla coming this week so I might get the all grain version
16168040662654729128271219899733.jpg

65F1E709-9C3A-440B-BC08-AC6245D7978F.jpeg
The Shy Retirer (Brewed by Bad Co under contract for Flavourly) 2.8% ‘Micro Pale’

It’s not terrible but it has the all too familiar thinness that seems to be the norm in low ABV pale ales, just lacking somehow in mouthfeel I’ll finish it but am glad their are only two of them in the mix pack I purchased from Flavourly.

American Stout by @matt76 .

Pours with a lovely brown head, nice pop as it opens. Lovely black colour.

Aroma, stone fruit, brown sugar.

First sip it's really roasty, get less roasty the more you drink, you get more hop bitterness, some chocolate.

Quite full bodied, coats the mouth but not cloying, sweet but not overly so.

This is delicious matt, absolutely lovely, even the wife liked it, she said that she wouldn't have believed it wasnt a beer that I'd bought and I'd agree, I'd drink this until the cows came home.

20210327_165941.jpg

Fizzy water and lemon squash :( covid jab tomorrow. I enjoy 8-12 units when I have a beer day. That's about 4 beers on average, so not the best for the jab. Abstaining till wed/Thu at least. ☹

American Stout by @matt76 .

Pours with a lovely brown head, nice pop as it opens. Lovely black colour.

Aroma, stone fruit, brown sugar.

First sip it's really roasty, get less roasty the more you drink, you get more hop bitterness, some chocolate.

Quite full bodied, coats the mouth but not cloying, sweet but not overly so.

This is delicious matt, absolutely lovely, even the wife liked it, she said that she wouldn't have believed it wasnt a beer that I'd bought and I'd agree, I'd drink this until the cows came home.

View attachment 44019
Sounds nice I most get a look at his recipe 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back