What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the mash on for a Vienna IPA. I am using the new Talus hops. I am not sure what to pair it with. Hop selection
Mosiac
Cascade
Chinook
Sorachi ace
Citra

I am thinking citra and a bit of cascade
I just got some Talus hops, planning on using them in a White IPA with Mandarina Bavaria.

I just got some Talus hops, planning on using them in a White IPA with Mandarina Bavaria.
My recipe which of course I made up listening to tunes and drinking beer
5kg Vienna
200g torrified wheat
150 acid malt

20g cascade@10 mins
10g of each citra Talus cascade at flameout
40g citra and 20g talus l@ hop stand
Dry hop 70g talus & 50g citra
Pia yeast

My sample is cooling in the fridge to measure the gravity

I expect this is a familiar scenario to many of you, but I have nothing to drink! I've just checked; I have 110 bottles on my kitchen floor, and none of them ready!

<glumly gets a Hobgoblin out of the fridge>

First beer tonight comes courtesy of @Brewnaldo, a reciprocal Munich Helles bottle swap. The bottle opened with a satisfying hiss quelling any initial worries about carbonation. Medium golden colour, still a bit cloudy but is quite young so should clear with time and a good white head that dissipated over five or so minutes. Pilsner malt aromas predominate on the nose with hints of noble hops in the background. The taste malt forward, clean bready malt flavours predominate, bitterness level is spot on with well balanced German noble hops flavours. The length of favour is long, with a slightly sweet but well attenuated finish (if that makes sense, it did to me when I was drinking it). I could easily keep going back to the keg for a ton more of these. This was a great beer, well brewed and bang on style, cheers mate :hat: Carbonation levels have suffered slightly with transfer into bottles, I'm sure this is an absolute belter at your end.
View attachment 44239
Beer No.2 is a Munich Helles from Beer52 for benchmarking purposes. First comment, flavour profile is very similar to the first one, hats off again to brewnaldo for nailing the style. Mouthfeel is a little thinner, and the residual sweetness a little higher compared to the previous beer. It's an all right Helles, but there are better examples on the supermarket shelves and not one I'll be going to the Beer52 bottle shop for more of it.
View attachment 44240
As explained already, due to the lack of beer knowledge amongst my friends/family I really appreciate the thorough review so thanks again 👍

Does the day end in 'y'? :beer1:
Not if you're in Germany, for example.
When I were a lad, pubs opened at six so that's when the first pints are poured in our garden. Unless The WIse One has one of her "soifs du diable" in which case emergency first aid is promptly carried out.

Few jobs to do first - lay last couple of brick peers for new shed, finish sowing some veg, mow the lawn, walk the dogs
then it will be beer o' clock !

English Pale Ale to start todays festivities.

55A3FF82-104D-4229-AA6F-CDD9012E28DC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back