What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhubarbra Striesand rhubarb milkshake pale, honestly this sort of stuff isn't for me, possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted, if I brewed it it would be straight down the sink.

20210403_224036.jpg

Kiwi Pilsner by @pilgrimhudd

20210403_210246.jpg

The impression I got from @pilgrimhudd was not to expect too much from this beer. But he's either a liar or lacking in confidence - this is a really good brew!

The only flaw I picked up was clarity - not that I'm in a position to judge by any stretch but it's verging on hefeweizen. Apart from that it's a cracking pint.

Head retention and lacing is excellent (feel free to argue the toss but I reckon that's the Carapils at work). @pilgrimhudd told me it's under-carbonated - hmm, yeah, I see what he means but for me it's fine and it's certainly far from flat. It finishes dry-ish but a touch more carbonation might make it that little bit more crisp.

Aroma-wise it's very subtle but there's a hint of citrus there. This is backed up in the taste - there's a breadiness that gives way to something kinda orangey-grapefruitey from the Riwaka hops.

No mistake, this is not a hoppy lager or IPL, it's definitely in the Pilsner style - it's just that the hop flavour stands out a bit more than Saaz or Mittelfruh which, while very nice, I always find a bit vague.

I really enjoyed this beer - the malt is really nicely balanced with the hops, which stand out enough to be distinctive but without stealing the show 👍🍻🙂

After more physical exertion than I'd like on a Sunday, I've cracked a keg of my Hodgepodge pale ale, as it's had a full 3 days conditioning time. 😉
Its dry with a pithy bitterness, which is perfect for today, but not what I asked for 😂
20210404_144323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back