What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic, and my clone was surprisingly on point.

PXL_20210425_001550112.jpg

DIPA from @Donegal john next
Magnum citra Chinook
View attachment 45843
Really nice, different to what I normally make. Again I would say this is a well conditioned beer. Big piney and slightly spicy. Getting very little of the citra but that's ok.
Another well made beer 🍻
Big strong bitterness,
Cheers
Spicy ness likely from the rye addition.
Ive backed off on dry hopped beers and went for late additions instead. It tends to dial down the aroma but the flavour is there
Had far too much in the sun yesterday and was sleeping on the sofa before 11 !
Head looks like a tomato and my bald patch is burnt so a hat is needed today lol

Having a can of Paolozzi Helles from Edinburgh beer factory, I’ve recently followed a Helles recipe and wanted to compare, purely for scientific purposes obviously. It’s a wee bit darker on colour, mine is about 2-3 this is maybe 6 or 7. Tastes similar, mine is a touch sweeter, probably on account of it finishing higher than target.
D6BC1859-1CBE-4E86-A210-AF2AFA400080.jpeg

Trying this first taste is hoppy it’s not bad but then the bitterness kicks in and it lingers and lingers, would I buy it no View attachment 45882
When we go to Cornwall my wife always likes a trip to St.Ives and my reward is that we get to spend time in a wonderful micropub on the sea front. They once had a cask beer called Antipodean that was amazing, shame yours doesn’t appear to be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back