What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another guest ale. This is a Dubbel from @Subtle Duck and weighs in at 7.2%.

Beautiful clear brown colour and a nice fluffy head. The head dissipated after a couple of minutes but the ale was nicely carbonated.

D78C9374-BC31-455A-93D1-B3311AADFC13.jpeg

The aroma is classically Belgian and absolutely on point with Belgian esters, dark sweet malt and stone fruit.

The flavour is gorgeous and again classic Belgian - sweet dark candi, dark caramel malt, ripe prunes, slightly solventy alcohol (in a nice way). I’m very happy with this accomplished beer.

Feeling very spoilt tonight by two great beers. Happy days for sure!

Would love to see pictures of the camper. The brother is sending his Volkswagen transporter away to get converted. It fresh less that two year old
Mines 25 years old 😅 we've done all the work ourselves upholstery, carpeted, insulated, 12v electrics, units, flooring etc.... please mind the wife this is the only pic I've got do far 😬 were obviously going for the rustic look so nothing has to be perfect 😂 but we love it, first outing this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_083727769_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210506_083727769_MP.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20210516_153434887_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210516_153434887_MP.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210516_164147_862.jpg
    IMG_20210516_164147_862.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 69
Mines 25 years old 😅 we've done all the work ourselves upholstery, carpeted, insulated, 12v electrics, units, flooring etc.... please mind the wife this is the only pic I've got do far 😬 were obviously going for the rustic look so nothing has to be perfect 😂 but we love it, first outing this weekend

If you find yourselves in Kent, give me a shout and pop round for a pint (or many!)

Looks the part 👌👌
Well done

@pilgrimhudd Belgian pale. This is very nice. Lovely golden colour, gave it a rough pour to get a nice white head which lasts. Very good clarity
Aroma is nice, typically Belgian yeast with a slight herbal aroma
Taste is again is spot on. Nice bitterness with a good mouth feel.

Really enjoying this. Really nice flavour and good body for a low abv.
Cheers 🍻
IMG_20210518_211922343.jpg

@pilgrimhudd Belgian pale. This is very nice. Lovely golden colour, gave it a rough pour to get a nice white head which lasts. Very good clarity
Aroma is nice, typically Belgian yeast with a slight herbal aroma
Taste is again is spot on. Nice bitterness with a good mouth feel.

Really enjoying this. Really nice flavour and good body for a low abv.
Cheers 🍻
View attachment 47452

Glad you enjoyed it mate, trying to lower the abv of my beers as at one stage 7% was about average, this is lowish for a belgian pale but I think it works.

Two pints of post-run Wainwright's in a real pub! Whatever beer you want so long as it's Marston's. Actually the Wainwright tasted better tonight than I've had in that pub for a long while. Nice lemony hop finish.

Followed by a cheeky pint of "Wild Thing" kveik APA to wash down my big bowl of risotto. 😋

Last edited:
We've had sun all day here. Past 5pm it's on the wrong side of the house for sitting out. So I've retired to the brew cave to "check on the slow starting lager yeast" while dinner is in the oven.
  1. Sample no.1 is a 1/2 pint of SAISON! (Because it's sunny)
  2. Sample no.2 QC of the TT Landlord clone (coming along nicely)
  3. Sample no. 3 is anyone's guess... What goes with a chilli?
rps20210519_183242.jpg

Landlord is clearing. Lighter than the photo looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back