What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting tonight with a guest ale from @dave_77, a 6.2% American Brown.

Dark brown in colour and tinged with red, softly carbonated, a thin off-white head

1EB3A310-5026-45BC-8DFA-D1E94C5B3DF5.jpeg

The aroma is very much like my own brown ale - dominated by chocolate. There is some dark fruit and just a touch of toffee.

The flavour is more blended and the chocolate is not as prominent as it is in the aroma. There is a fairly high bitterness and a slightly smoky woody taste which I’m guessing is coming from the Galena hops.

Tasty beer but unfortunately now gone 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Right! Just finished work following a long day with only a brief interlude for family dinner and a check in on my stressed out exam-sitting children. Time for a beer.......

Next up tonight is another guest ale. This one is a British Golden Ale from @dan125 and weighs in at 4.9%. It’s not a style I’m very familiar with strangely and the only information I have is that it’s 4.9.%.

Unsurprisingly, the beer is golden in colour. It’s slightly hazy and is well carbonated with a big white head formed from large bubbles which quickly settled to a ring of smaller bubbles around the glass.

033223D7-E824-441D-BBA9-D6670E0C6511.jpeg

The aroma is citrusy with some tropical notes. I’m also getting a slightly herby aroma and maybe even a touch of green oak?

The flavour is similar to the aroma. That citrusy aroma translates to Clementine and a touch of lime. The tropical notes are there but I’m less clear what they are - a little papaya maybe. Bitterness is quite mild and becomes more noticeable in the finish as does that mild oak which is really nice.

Another really tasty beer, beautiful!

Right! Just finished work following a long day with only a brief interlude for family dinner and a check in on my stressed out exam-sitting children. Time for a beer.......
..... and came back with this one

rps20210520_213435.jpg

Reminds me of my porter last year. This is a little more bitter and slightly toffee flavoured as well as the obvious hint of brown malt and chocolate. Pleasant all the same. Cheers to all of you in the bar tonight acheers.

..... and came back with this one

View attachment 47562
Reminds me of my porter last year. This is a little more bitter and slightly toffee flavoured as well as the obvious hint of brown malt and chocolate. Pleasant all the same. Cheers to all of you in the bar tonight acheers.
Actually, having finished the bottle, it's a bit one dimensional and I'm sure there are an excess of tannins in there. I've had better :confused:.

Off to get a Homebrew mouthwash...

What a day. Decided to sack work off early and book tomorrow off so I could join a few mates on a epic two day cycling trip.

Today we did just short of 50 mile. 90% off road, rough track on the gravel bikes. Weather was mental, 60mph winds, rain and hail. A nice pint 20 mile in, first Guinness in a long time. After that it was 30 miles of relentless riding
.I have never been blown off a bike today, perhaps something to do with the bag. Good feed once we arrived and another 6 pints. Highlight being a couple of Welsh pale ale by Glamorgan brewery.

Another 50 odd tomorrow, mostly forestry tracks including an epic 10 mile climb. A few beer stopped planned.

Attachments

• 20210520_144151.jpg
    20210520_144151.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210520_140515.jpg
    20210520_140515.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 33
Next up tonight is another guest ale. This one is a British Golden Ale from @dan125 and weighs in at 4.9%. It’s not a style I’m very familiar with strangely and the only information I have is that it’s 4.9.%.

Unsurprisingly, the beer is golden in colour. It’s slightly hazy and is well carbonated with a big white head formed from large bubbles which quickly settled to a ring of smaller bubbles around the glass.

View attachment 47556
The aroma is citrusy with some tropical notes. I’m also getting a slightly herby aroma and maybe even a touch of green oak?

The flavour is similar to the aroma. That citrusy aroma translates to Clementine and a touch of lime. The tropical notes are there but I’m less clear what they are - a little papaya maybe. Bitterness is quite mild and becomes more noticeable in the finish as does that mild oak which is really nice.

Another really tasty beer, beautiful!
Thanks HB
Glad you liked 👍was made with citra and first gold, and I'm not sure if it's a touch too hoppy for a BGA, but it's going down easily enough.
🍻

Flensburger Radler
B3C3A195-5EDE-4A60-8ECA-BE10F9C5E2C8.jpeg
Okay I am going to be honest I bought this for one main reason I wanted some pretty blue bottles to put some of my home brew in. That being said it’s actually rather nice with a good ratio of lemonade to larger. Really It would be ideal if it was 15°C warmer and not pouring down so I could enjoy in the garden after a long walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back