What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20210611_173249.jpg

QC on the latest pilsner brewed with tettnang. It's nice and lively and almost completely clear..needs a bit longer..famous last words!
Echiums in the background are splendid this year!

Last edited:
Me either more a pilsner than a pale and agree with the odd taste. My wife likes it and from the staff in their taphouse in rathmullan it’s the most popular seller. Go figure 🤷‍♂️
X 4.
The missus & parents keep buying me this, probably next week too for Father's day. It just doesn't taste right

Tonight I’m kicking off with a guest ale from @Hopsteep It’s a pale ale based on Tribute. I don’t have Tribute very often and would struggle to comment on similarities and differences - so I won’t.

The ale is an orange-tinged golden colour, carbonation is good and the almost white head settled quickly to a light covering of bubbles over the surface. The beer is pretty clear, the haziness in the picture is from condensation on the glass.

4EC9CE62-5B23-4F98-9BAE-E2D5C41BA5BC.jpeg

The aroma is orange citrus, a little sweet marmalade, and soft white bread crust malt.

The flavour is much like the aroma and is well balanced with a mild bitterness. The finish is medium dry and the ale is medium bodied.

This is one of those ales I’d be happy to drink all night, it’s smooth, it has a nice flavour, there are no off-flavours, there’s no real hint of alcohol, it has good body, and it’s just really easy drinking.

Satisfying and understated. It’s a “Yes!” from me. 😉

Tonight I’m kicking off with a guest ale from @Hopsteep It’s a pale ale based on Tribute. I don’t have Tribute very often and would struggle to comment on similarities and differences - so I won’t.

The ale is an orange-tinged golden colour, carbonation is good and the almost white head settled quickly to a light covering of bubbles over the surface. The beer is pretty clear, the haziness in the picture is from condensation on the glass.

View attachment 48859
The aroma is orange citrus, a little sweet marmalade, and soft white bread crust malt.

The flavour is much like the aroma and is well balanced with a mild bitterness. The finish is medium dry and the ale is medium bodied.

This is one of those ales I’d be happy to drink all night, it’s smooth, it has a nice flavour, there are no off-flavours, there’s no real hint of alcohol, it has good body, and it’s just really easy drinking.

Satisfying and understated. It’s a “Yes!” from me. 😉
Great review! I got the marmalade too!

Next, I’m straight into another guest ale. This is a 5.3% APA from @dan125

You can see the colour is a slightly hazy golden colour, the ale is well carbonated and the airy white head stuck around for a while before falling to a thin covering over the ale.

C66C0CDA-1157-4078-A2A9-CB01003B4134.jpeg

The aroma is strong and hoppy. Dank and with tropical fruit and citrus fruits - grapefruit and lime. I’m not getting much aroma from the malt but what is there is more biscuit than bread.

The flavour matched the aroma and the bitterness is nicely restrained. The finish is again medium-dry and is clean with no off flavours.

Another lovely beer!

Tyne Bank Brewery Northern Porter

I didn’t read the description of this before buying or on the bottle which is arguably a good thing as I pro wouldn’t have bought it if I did. It has a very distinctive smoky taste with just a little sweet vanilla flavour. It isn’t something I would normally go for but I honestly enjoyed it. Makes me think I should buy more beer blind to see bow it goes.

My Bohemian Pilsner poured from my shiny new kegerator... 😂 (yes I am just that wee bit chuffed)

It has never properly cleared and it has a fascinating floral taste with more depth than expected, probably due to the 200g of Saaz used in the boil due to the low AA, I suspect the other hop elements have given it that persistent haze, it's rather nice all the same. I really need to bottle this and send it on to those I promised to otherwise there's not going to be any left (my son and his friends were drinking this last night)

IMG_0799.jpeg

My latest haul from the farm shop, several old friends and a few new.

BD329E20-3805-4883-9F73-DD5A4A44BF73.jpeg

I’m starting on this haul with hopefully, a new friend from Bear Island. This is a triple-hopped lager.

A9DE49AA-32EA-4DCD-8214-02DE19BB273F.jpeg

It looks beautiful but it doesn’t really sing to me. It’s nice but I’m not sure it’s nice enough to look for next time and I don’t think I’d recommend it to anyone. I will finish it though, it’s certainly not unpleasant.

Next, I’m straight into another guest ale. This is a 5.3% APA from @dan125

You can see the colour is a slightly hazy golden colour, the ale is well carbonated and the airy white head stuck around for a while before falling to a thin covering over the ale.

View attachment 48861

The aroma is strong and hoppy. Dank and with tropical fruit and citrus fruits - grapefruit and lime. I’m not getting much aroma from the malt but what is there is more biscuit than bread.

The flavour matched the aroma and the bitterness is nicely restrained. The finish is again medium-dry and is clean with no off flavours.

Another lovely beer!
Looks like it's held up well since bottling 👍🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back