What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20210611-WA0013.jpeg
You can tell the wife's away. Even my dogs are relieved 😂

Having some northern monk faith
image.jpg

Slight bitterness smooth finish But again dry and light mouthfeel the hops seem a bit muted with a little aroma slight pineapple and mango. A good and interesting beer.
image.jpg

Having a few bought beers but I’m that tired I can’t be asred taking pics.
bought a townig caravan but it needs some tlc so that will keep nenbusy for a few days.
Have you caravanned before? My family - parents and grandparents - were always caravanning. I hadn't been in a caravan since I was 16 until SWMBO and I bought one a few years ago. That first weekend away sitting in the caravan with a coffee watching the world go by was like coming home after more than 25 years. Strange feeling, but so comforting. Last 6 years we've toured each summer to Germany and France, last year to Cornwall. I'm one who is quite happy to travel light on my own, but it's great packing up your family and home and taking it with you for a couple of weeks. Had some really good times in ours.

Have fun!

Have you caravanned before? My family - parents and grandparents - were always caravanning. I hadn't been in a caravan since I was 16 until SWMBO and I bought one a few years ago. That first weekend away sitting in the caravan with a coffee watching the world go by was like coming home after more than 25 years. Strange feeling, but so comforting. Last 6 years we've toured each summer to Germany and France, last year to Cornwall. I'm one who is quite happy to travel light on my own, but it's great packing up your family and home and taking it with you for a couple of weeks. Had some really good times in ours.

Have fun!
We have always went camping and we bought a touring caravan years ago when we only had 1 daughter and I loved it. Then we had a camper and 2 daughters and it was even better being able to go away for weekends and even to the beach (5 mins from the house) and have dinner etc while everyone else had lukewarm tea and sandy sandwiches then we had a static van for 9!years and 4 daughters and that was the best experience of all our lives soooo many memories made and the kids made life long friends.
unfortunately they grew up and we sold it a few years ago as no one wanted to go down and it just wasn’t the same.
last year due to covid restrictions the normal sun holiday wasn’t possible so we rekindled our love of camping and went away for a week in the tent. It was good but nearing 50 we need a bit more comfort than a tent gives ( even though the blow up bed was 2foot high and had a headboard) so this year we came full circle to a caravan. Can’t wait to get away in it. I would spend every night outdoors and hate cooking indoors if the weather is good. As you say it’s like going home

We have always went camping and we bought a touring caravan years ago when we only had 1 daughter and I loved it. Then we had a camper and 2 daughters and it was even better being able to go away for weekends and even to the beach (5 mins from the house) and have dinner etc while everyone else had lukewarm tea and sandy sandwiches then we had a static van for 9!years and 4 daughters and that was the best experience of all our lives soooo many memories made and the kids made life long friends.
unfortunately they grew up and we sold it a few years ago as no one wanted to go down and it just wasn’t the same.
last year due to covid restrictions the normal sun holiday wasn’t possible so we rekindled our love of camping and went away for a week in the tent. It was good but nearing 50 we need a bit more comfort than a tent gives ( even though the blow up bed was 2foot high and had a headboard) so this year we came full circle to a caravan. Can’t wait to get away in it. I would spend every night outdoors and hate cooking indoors if the weather is good. As you say it’s like going home
Brilliant! What a great story. So, you know what you're getting into and looking forward to rekindling the adventures. Hats off to you!

There are so many haters of caravanning and camping (we took our kids camping in Yorkshire for a week when they were still potty training, that was an experience), but it gives you some experiences and takes you places out of the ordinary. Great stuff!

Brilliant! What a great story. So, you know what you're getting into and looking forward to rekindling the adventures. Hats off to you!

There are so many haters of caravanning and camping (we took our kids camping in Yorkshire for a week when they were still potty training, that was an experience), but it gives you some experiences and takes you places out of the ordinary. Great stuff!
So many good memories even with young kids. I actually bought my current houses because I loved the area and we used to go camping here every year when I was 12-16 with my mates and I then took my family. Remember my daughter wetting herself during the night and I woke up in a wet sleeping bag the next morning and went for a wash in the sea before work ! It was the year we went camping for 3 nights and stayed a month with all my sisters and their husbands and kids and my mum and dad. Good times indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back