What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm just beginning my beer brewing journey it might be a good idea for me to try something like this? Not too heavy I guess. The temp control is a problem though in this weather ha ha!
A great style to try if you don't have temperature control or not sure about yeast pitching rates and the like for lagers, is a Kölsch. The Crossmyloof Kölsch yeast is pretty forgiving and makes a great tasting light ale that, if you can wait long enough, can be stored cold and becomes more lager-like over time.
The malt and hops are very similar to lager styles, the yeast is slightly more forgiving.
Go for it!

Matching sky and can. How very 'lah-de-dah"!
Looks great.
I had to go back and check that one. Oooh lala!

Anyway, on to the first sample of my ESB/English IPA... I probably should've washed the glass because all I can smell is the previous beer... But this is pretty tasty...
PXL_20210612_174347752.jpg

So the hubby cloned this Brewdog Coffee Imperial Stout, and he’s hammering it. Gonna be a fun night - it’s 8.4%! 🙈

Must admit it’s very nice - he put some ground coffee in it. BUT - note to self! This method clogs up the bottling wand! Find another way! 🙄😂

View attachment 48938
I think he has a Brewdog problem!😬

View attachment 48942

I think brewdog are the ones with the problem.

Try using coffee beans. Just as you would dry hop.

Back to the caravan for some beers in the warm sun.

First up my sabro porter.

Picked up some beers from a new brewery, Electro Brewery down @Cwrw666 part of the world - cardigan.

Just finished the neipa. Not the best neipa but not the worst. He is ex brew York brewer. Not enough aroma and flavour punch to be a neipa and a bit of diacetyl but pleasant enough.

Attachments

• 20210612_190451.jpg
    20210612_190451.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210612_190138.jpg
    20210612_190138.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210612_180149.jpg
    20210612_180149.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back to the caravan for some beers in the warm sun.

First up my sabro porter.

Picked up some beers from a new brewery, Electro Brewery down @Cwrw666 part of the world - cardigan.

Just finished the neipa. Not the best neipa but not the worst. He is ex brew York brewer. Not enough aroma and flavour punch to be a neipa and a bit of diacetyl but pleasant enough.

How's the sabro porter tasting. Are you getting any coconut

Am relaxing in the garden with a well earned pint of Festival Steam Beer. Bottled about 6 weeks ago and tasting very nice. I also have a Festival Landlord bottled on the 18th March. That is ok but has a distinct kit taste to me. 🍻🍻

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_201731789_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210612_201731789_HDR.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back