What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peppermint white porter was perhaps the most unusual beer sampled today... couldn't finish it 😄
20210814_132839.jpg

Had a Calypso single hop ipa at a local brew pub. They claim Calypso has an apple and pear flavour but it tastes more like an apple tree, very woodsy like I remember. A bit similar to chinook with pretty harsh bitterness. It's wasn't bad but one is plenty.

Just waiting for the temperatures to be regularly below 20°C so I can switch from Kweik and Saison to more standard ale yeasts and get a mild on (that and having unrefrigerated beer being the perfect temperature).
Yep can't wait until the highs in the brewery are 18c. Will be nice to not have to work around space and timing in the ferm chamber especially when brewing lagers.

Yep can't wait until the highs in the brewery are 18c. Will be nice to not have to work around space and timing in the ferm chamber especially when brewing lagers.
Know the feeling though I’m using Voss at the moment so despite the relatively warm weather am still having to insulate my fermentor (as trying to keep it at a steady 40°C or so).

2AB1CAAF-3039-42F2-8A7C-B2FA8E6300D7.jpeg

First day of the hols. Bought 2 cases with me... One from Kernel and one from Deya. First one cracked after everyone else in bed... Kernel Export Stout London 1890 7.3%...
... Rich, bold, full bodied, decent kick of acidity and a fresh, hoppy bitterness. Great complexity. Coffee, soy sauce, leather, bitter fruits. Needs a chunk of mature Cheddar and a robust discussion about the future of the monarchy after Victoria snuffs it.

Attachments

• 16289755788018093179957028812772.jpg
    16289755788018093179957028812772.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 35
This absolute belter of a black IPA, I'm assuming that @Donegal john you're aware of this cracker?
View attachment 52664
Hell yes. Black bucket black rye ipa. It’s a very nice beer. Love the spicyness the rye gives it and has a nice hop profile. You should look out for their bunny trio. Big bunny ,double bunny and thumper. Lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back