What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to test my Plum Porter, added the essence to 6 pair of long necks, each pair with a different dose. Was only going to have the one, each evening then decided two would be better. Bad move, what made the move worse was I tried the one with the biggest dose in first. 0,130 ml.
002.JPG
003.JPG

Kept the head though thinned as it went down, lacing nicely but still to strong, on the essence.
The error of having the bigger dose fist became apparent when tasting the porter with the smaller dose. I couldn't shake off the taste from the first bottle!
0,05 ml dosage, couldn't really tell, will have to have this again tomorrow, luckily I have extra bottles of the 0,05.
007.JPG

What's the recipe on that on @dan125

For a 28L batch at 1.060 and 60 odd calculated IBUs I used:

Sulphate forward water profile.

6kg (70.6%) Simpson's golden promise
2kg (23.5%) Simpson's low colour golden promise
0.5kg (5.9%) Crisps caragold

10g each Citra & Columbus @ 60 mins
40g each Citra & Simcoe @ 10 mins
60g each Citra & Simcoe WP 25 mins @ 75C
100g each Citra, Simcoe & Chinook DH

2 pks US05

acheers.

Was looking at the beer competition schedule, your up for free style. That could be the first competition of the year for me. My stock got a serious hammering.
You should get a good variety

Hope so, heard someone talking about a chili stout which sounds good. Which reminds me, I need to send you some beers this week.

I had to tell them I couldnt do 3, I just can't sleep in the day, doing 3 nights on a maximum of 3 hours kip with 2 young kids wasnt going to happen. Maybe at 25 but not 40....😁
Don't chat I feel like running away. Shift work with a 5 & 8 year old is not easy during lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back