What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pint of Rabbit Island, 2 weeks in the keg and this is starting to condition nicely athumb..
IMG_20210129_195722.jpg

"Capper Chaos" IPA by @pilgrimhudd

20210129_175412.jpg

Nice fruity aroma jumped out the bottle when I opened it. Decent head on pouring though it didn't stick around so much. Lacing so-so. Bit of chill (?) haze but I can hardly talk ;)

I don't get much aroma though that could be more me than the beer. Taste is nice - quite bitter, though that's fine with me. Quite citrusy in a grapefruity orange peel kind of way. I get a bit of grassiness - not enough to spoil it but I wonder if the dry hop was maybe a bit OTT.

Weirdly I'd say it's actually a little bit under-carbonated - weird for two reasons: Firstly because I generally prefer lower carbed beers so they're not so bloaty, and secondly looking at your brew day thread the amount of priming sugar looks bang on to me so it's hard to understand.

Overall I like it - I think your recent 3C's IPA was better but I'd happily have another pint or two of this. Skol 🙂👍🍻

Summer Breeze, this has now hit six weeks in the keg and while it was actually rather drinkable straight after carbonation I do think it has improved over time with a slightly more mellow flavour sadly I only have a few glasses left in the keg but have the ingredients for a fresh batch soon. So thanks again to Hazelwood for sharing this recipe.

Six weeks is probably where it reaches it’s best 😂

You’re welcome, I love beer and if others like what I make I’m even happier! 😉

Had the house pilsner with my takeaway and now halfway through the main event.
This West coast from @dan125
This is excellent. Beautiful beer, right up my street. The aroma and flavour is bang on point. Not overly bitter with a nice clean mouthfeel.
@dan125 next time send more than 1.

Ps - what is the recipe for this?

Attachments

• 20210129_200243.jpg
    20210129_200243.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back