What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the APA. I’ll be ditching that batch of lager once it’s replacement is brewed (if there’s any left)
68F193BC-4D96-4CD9-A335-3B6CF855F9B6.jpeg

A first for me.
Norn iron (Northern Ireland as said by someone from Belfast) brewing co
Blue pill dipa 8.4% by the looks and name of the can they are fans of the matrix. Nice beer and very creamy mouthfeel to it very little bitterness and lots of hop flavour. A nice local beer. View attachment 57196

Haven’t heard of Norn Iron brewers before, I’ll be checking that one out tomorrow.

Mind you, if turns out they’ve named a beer ‘Ats Us Nai’ they can go and folk themselves right off. (rant over, blood pressure retuning to normal, going to the fridge for another beer).

Haven’t heard of Norn Iron brewers before, I’ll be checking that one out tomorrow.

Mind you, if turns out they’ve named a beer ‘Ats Us Nai’ they can go and folk themselves right off. (rant over, blood pressure retuning to normal, going to the fridge for another beer).
Don’t go out of your way for it. After a few mouthfuls there is a oxidised taste coming through. And a lot of sediment floating about.
At least it’s not called
“Ail nak yar balaks in”

Had a few of the typical supermarket ales..
Doombar - used to like this, not a fan any more.
Bishop's Finger - ok, a tad sickly nothing really stood out about it.
Marston's Old Empire IPA - pretty drinkable but bland

I was in Liverpool last weekend. Had a few pints of stout in various Irish bars. They were all poor if I am honest.
Worst pint of Guinness I have ever seen was in Liverpool about 20 years ago. 11AM on a Sunday morning, hanging from the night before, went to a bar/restaurant for late breakfast. As I was stood at the bar ordering a soft drink, someone beside me asked for a Guinness. The barmaid placed a glass under what looked like a soft drinks dispenser, pushed a button and walked away. The pint was poured in one go, in one of those slightly bigger than a pint glass things with the pint line marked on it, the head was just full of huge bubbles more like what you would expect in a glass of cola and was bright yellow! I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. Nor could I believe the fella didn't barf up when he started drinking it.

First pour of the husband’s Verdant IPA. It’s a little bit oxidised, but I’ve given up on trying to get him to keep oxygen out of things - he doesn’t care! 😅🙈

For the time being it’s really good though - so much apricot. Wow, I’m a fan! 😍

View attachment 57214
How come he doesn't care? Bit of a waste of the investment in time and ingredients if you are just going to let it spoil.

I know it's frustrating! It was his first temperature controlled brew as well and he was very careful with it - until he had to transfer it and then he used a syphon. He's a funny one that one.
I doubt the syphon is the sole cause, I always use a syphon and I don’t get oxidation (though I get the occasional scare!). There must be something else going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back