What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a real soft spot for almost anything Adnams and this is no exception, it's a nice blonde, almost lemony hop flavour and nice and crisp.

20211113_175511.jpg

First beer today is a Falconers Flight IPA from @samale . Seems like a more old school west coast IPA in apperance and this also came across in the flavour and bitterness. Had a nice malty feel with medium/high bitterness. It tasted fresh but the hop flavour and aroma was a little lacking, it had a piney citrus feel and nicely balanced with the malts. Be interested to know what the hop schedule was and how the hops were out of the bag. It didn't taste oxidised or anything so maybe it's the quality or volume of the hops used. Nice beer all the same👍🏼
View attachment 57548
Not to impressed myself with that beer. No faults but as you say lacking a bit of hop punch. First time using falconers flight hops, 225g in total. 125 hot side, 20 @60 mins, 30 @ 10mins, 75g @ flameout. The rest was a dry hop

Not heard of this local brewery before, very nice Maris Otter/Fuggles smash golden ale.
View attachment 57552

Drank this last night, Mandarina wheat beer from Hook Norton brewery.
Lovely orangey fruitiness, light and crisp but punchy at 5%.
View attachment 57554

Both of those sound like something i'd enjoy! Hook Norton's another decent brewery imo.

Well I’m tasting the Mild, it’s too cold and over-carbonated. The temperature I can’t do anything about in the competition so that’s in the lap of the gods/organisers but I can bleed off a little pressure.

Having knocked some gas out it’s time for test 2, a taste comparison between the bottled beer and my latest batch. They are quite similar I’d say except this is the moment my wife chose to take a photo of me to share with family and friends - me with a glass of beer in each hand! I think she sent it with some comment about not being able to get it down quickly enough with one glass.

Ah well, if the hat fits! :beer1:

F1447800-D639-471F-B58C-C08CCB5837B1.jpeg
BA0B9954-9623-46F0-92B1-967DF7F869CF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back