What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20211112_222108476.jpg
Porter after watching Derry beat Sligo 2 nil 👏

I remember getting a crate of Double Diamond from the old Wrexham Lager brewery when my father in law worked there. It was taken on a weekend away with friends up the coast staying in an old static caravan...I got plastered and managed to get my head stuck down the back of the sofa after falling over.
It could happen to anyone!

Some mates of mine lived in Wrexham in the 70s and used to work at the brewery at one time. They told some amazing stories about their time there! :D

i still remember some of those mad pubs in Wrexham, the Cross Foxes and suchlike.

citra1.jpeg

My first taste of, and first attempt at, what appears to be a modern stand-by, a Citra IPA. I'm going in blind here, but to me, a bit more bitter and a bit less citrussy than I expected. But I'm not saying that like I think it's a bad thing, I don't. Carbonation looks spot-on, flavour is bright and fresh, what you want in this type of beer as far as I can see. I'm well pleased. This one's been bottled 20 days. I'd normally leave it longer than that, but it seems that this type of beer can often be drunk quite fresh, and that seems to be the case here.

20211112_203326.jpg

Terrible picture but this is my Czech style larger. This one was from the only bottle I racked. The rest is on a corny keg which I've just started pouring from.

Sadly the carbonation isn't anywhere near where I wanted it but other than that I'm actually really happy with my efforts! ☺️

Happy Saturday everyone!! 🤘

Tonight I’m going to try a sample bottle of the Mild that I’ll be sending in to the Black Friday Homebrew Competition next week. This is my last chance to adjust carbonation or bottle up some beer from my latest batch if these are not up to scratch. I’ve put the sample bottle in the fridge to cool. In the meantime, an English Bitter.

06190563-04ED-4BC3-8296-917955DA56AA.jpeg

First beer today is a Falconers Flight IPA from @samale . Seems like a more old school west coast IPA in apperance and this also came across in the flavour and bitterness. Had a nice malty feel with medium/high bitterness. It tasted fresh but the hop flavour and aroma was a little lacking, it had a piney citrus feel and nicely balanced with the malts. Be interested to know what the hop schedule was and how the hops were out of the bag. It didn't taste oxidised or anything so maybe it's the quality or volume of the hops used. Nice beer all the same👍🏼
IMG_20211113_170136.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back