What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just poured this and then the power went out.
Sorry to hear power went out.
Ours went out here in Detroit (rare occurrence, thankfully) at 2:30am so I had to start the clock on when to fire up the generator for
1. My neighbors' fridges, ours and our freezer.
2. Neighbor's fish tank--damn things can die inside of three hours or so I'm told. Now I'm worrying about fish.
Luckily, it was only two hours and fifteen minutes.

Two Bullitt Bourbon Balls, it’s boozy Nutella in a glass.
BE8526E3-A11F-4C81-9965-8875E0720F46.jpeg

Sorry to hear power went out.
Ours went out here in Detroit (rare occurrence, thankfully) at 2:30am so I had to start the clock on when to fire up the generator for
1. My neighbors' fridges, ours and our freezer.
2. Neighbor's fish tank--damn things can die inside of three hours or so I'm told. Now I'm worrying about fish.
Luckily, it was only two hours and fifteen minutes.
It used to happen here all the time but a few years ago the network was upgraded. I just have to keep the freezers closed till it comes back on again and keep the fire in the stove low. (It’s a pumped system)
It happened a few weeks ago and he had a ‘floating neutral’ where the lights were going off and on dimly. Quick dash to isolate it before all the electrical equipment in the house was damaged.
Dead fish are never good lol
nightmare.

Last edited:
Interesting. I was good on the US proof/ABV relationship (not that I ever drink the hard stuff) but not on the rest.
From the chart, I didn't get why one entry, 114 proof US, was not listed by half at 57 but 57.1.
Good proof-reading spot there (😉 pun intended)!
I think the chartist thought in, and started with GB Proof.
The 4/7 is a good rule of thumb close approximation, not an absolute (pun #2 👌) correct factor. Just like Pi isn't actually exactly 22/7.
He also is rounding to 3 significant figures, the 125 British Proof figures looks even worse. It converts to 71.3% and rounds up from 142.6 to 143US Proof.
My beers don't come out anywhere near that %, and we're not allowed to distill at home! 😜

Frangelico is my absolute favourite! I could drink the sh!t out of it! This is why I don't buy it lol :laugh8:

60mls Bulleit bourbon, 30mls frangelico, 7.5mls crème de cacao. Shake with ice and serve in two chilled Marie Antoinettes and garnish with some chocolate shavings.

You should totally give it a go😀

IMG_20211222_221117.jpg

All this talk of beer and alcohol reminds me............ QC needed on the last brew of Hoppy Pale Ale of Kent II.
Not quite dropped completely clear despite being very chilly in the garage.
It may never do, as I forgot the Protofloc........ again, Doh!
Tastes fine though, thankfully.
Oh, and btw that's my ancient brewing book where the alcohol chart came from, @LisaMC , @DavidDetroit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back