What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have cracked open a supermarket beer which is unusual for me. A 440ml Scarfell from Northern Monk is actually quite good for a £3 supermarket beer.

It got me thinking of a slightly soft pale ale, with a nice piney bitterness behind it with an upfront citra hop flavor with a background of mosaic.

I feel a recipe coming on.....
Can Sam have a copy?

I asked for a Saison recipe and he ghosted me 😃😃
Typical Hoddy. Bigs up his beers and then doesn't produce the goods.

To be fair I think the saison is planned for release when he gets the brewery up and running. I can see why he wouldn't want to share the recipe

Was feeling brave when I picked up this lemon meringue ice cream sorbet beer at Tesco but it's better than I was expecting (and a paler more appealing colour than it looks in the picture).
Tart and lemony with just a subtle lactose character. Couldn't drink many, but I'm enjoying it.
acheers.
20210318_173805.jpg

Having an early taster of my WCIPA after a good all-round day (1st jab booked for tomorrow 🥳)
Bit of a generic citra/mosaic flavour but nice enough and also paler than it looks (bloody phone).
It's comforting to have all 3 taps operational again after a bit of a wobble 😁

20210318_182453.jpg

Is this GH's belgian pale or another recipe?
This particular one is a bit different from my previous ones..the first Belgian pale i did was from classic styles but I have been tinkering wit the recipe since. This one I was going for something lighter and less malty than so it has a Pilsner and ale malt..lower EBC.
https://share.brewfather.app/KoLveGJNZmxD55

This particular one is a bit different from my previous ones..the first Belgian pale i did was from classic styles but I have been tinkering wit the recipe since. This one I was going for something lighter and less malty than so it has a Pilsner and ale malt..lower EBC.
https://share.brewfather.app/KoLveGJNZmxD55

Sounds nice and looks nice, might compare yours with what I'm going to brew later.

I had this earlier @Hopsteep Belgian tripel.
Lovely golden colour. Light carbonation which I think is my fault.
Lovely aroma of the yeast. Sweet fruity and slightly spicy.
Really nice flavour, no alcohol present. Nice sweet malt with a spicy finish, good level of bitterness.
Really enjoyed this, I have wyeast 1214 in the fridge. The plan is to brew a tripel after I brew a single. Hopefully mine turns out similar to this.
Cheers
IMG_20210318_204349290.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back